The Family Curse.

-😈-

"Your brother seems nice," Brooklyn commented as she grabbed a few pairs of shorts from her dresser. "And cute too," She added, causing Christian to mumble something under his breath.

The grown man baby has been in his feelings since Taro put his charms to use on Brooklyn merely moments ago. "But I'm clearly the better-looking one," He states matter factually from his spot on her bed.

"That's debatable," Brooklyn teases, grinning at Christian's obvious irritation.

"My dick game is better," He continues, crossing his arms over his chest.

Standing up, Brooklyn placed her hands on her hips. "Well, I can't really say if that's true or not...I need to have sex with Taro in order to know for sure,"

"What?! He's a sociopath!"

"You know what they say, the best dick usually comes from the crazy ones," Brooklyn taunts, finding Christian's jealous side to be pure comedic.

"You toy with my emotions as if I won't kill you or my brother if that line gets crossed...tempt me," Christian's sudden change of tone caused a shiver to go down Brooklyn's spine. Those dark eyes turned deadly signifying how serious he truly was.

"I-i was only joking Ian, relax," Brooklyn has seen many sides of Christian before but none of them were quite like this. It was as if a switch had been turned on and he was no longer the Christian she has always known. And as if nothing happened, his dark demeanor seemed to fade away as that beautiful smile of his found its way across his face.

"I know baby but I just needed to make it perfectly clear who you belong to," He smirked, standing up and invading her personal space. "Or do you need a reminder?"

With wide eyes, Brooklyn took a step back. "No, no, I know very well I'm yours," She chuckles, eyeing him suspiciously.

Catching on to the way she looking and acting towards him, Christian reached for her only have her flinch away from his touch. "So you're scared of me now because of what I sad?"

Brooklyn softly shook her head. "It's not what you said Ian, it's how you said it. You seemed like a completely different person at that moment,"

Although her response wasn't surprising, Christian still didn't like hearing her say it. If she thought him showing his possessive side was frightening, then Brooklyn would surely be terrified of him when she finds out who he is and the things he has done. He wasn't the saint that Brooklyn thinks of him to be, in fact, Christian wasn't that much different from his brother.

He was just better at controlling his thirst to kill.

But of course, no one needed to know that.

Now that he had a family, things needed to change, including himself. However, that caused him to be in a constant battle between what he wanted to be and who he really was.

The conversation he had with Taro replayed over and over in his mind because unlike most, his brother could see right through his facade.

-Earlier-

"Oniisan..." Taro begins once he and Christian were left alone inside of the living room. "Aren't you tired of pretending?"

Christian raised a brow at his words. "Excuse me?"

Taro chuckled, showcasing that infamous sly smirk of his. "You truly think that denying who you are and putting on a front will change anything? They maybe can't see it but I can. How you managed to have everyone so easily fooled is amazing, I must admit but we both know it won't last long,"