Rising Threat.

"Jaxson, let's go," Christian called up from the bottom of the steps. This was Jaxson's third time this week getting ready for school later than usual. And Christian already knew the reason why.

"I'm coming, dad!" His small voice yelled out, running out of his room with his backpack in hand, and down the stairs quickly, almost losing his balance.

"What did I tell you about doing that?" Christian chastised him, catching him before he had a chance to fall face first on to the marble floors. Placing him on his feet, Christian fixed his clothes, making sure that everything was in place.

Jaxson avoided his eyes, choosing to look at his shoes instead. "I know, I'm sorry. I just don't wanna be late again. Mommy makes me stay inside during recess to staple papers and clean up the classroom when I am."

"Jax, I told you not to call Brooklyn that." They had this conversation at least three times already. His habit of referring to her as his mother was serious, and he wasn't sure if Brooklyn was comfortable with him calling her by that name yet.

"But she doesn't care that I say it anymore dad," Jaxson smirked, looking up towards Christian.

"Is that right?" Christian questioned, raising his eyebrow at his son curiously. He found it hard to believe that Brooklyn would just let him refer to her like that so willingly.

Jaxson nodded his head. "Yes...after I called her mommy so many times, I knew that she would give in and she did." He told his dad casually. "Can I have a muffin to eat while we're in the car?" He asks as if he didn't just reveal to his dad that he had finessed his girlfriend.

Shaking his head, Christian lead the way to the kitchen, going straight to the pantry and looked for the box of assorted muffins. "What kind?"

"Banana," Jaxson replied, watching his dad pick the flavor he wanted before turning around to hand it to him.

"Next time Jax, when I say turn off fortnite, do it...or else. Do you understand?" Jaxson visibly swallowed, nodding his head in agreement. The dark look that crossed his fathers face always scared him. He only used that look whenever he was serious about something or highly irritated.

"Yes, dad."

Checking his watch, he closed back the pantry doors, grabbing a juice from the fridge for Jaxson then picked up his keys. "Let's go." Flipping off the lights and locking everything up, they walked down the steps and towards Christian's BMW 8 series.

Opening the door for Jaxson, he made sure he was strapped in, before closing the door and heading over to the driver's seat. "You sure you have everything?" Christian asked turning the engine.

"I'm sure," Jaxson answered with a mouth full of muffin causing Christian to chuckle as he pulled onto the street.

"How is everything going with school?" Christian asked once he hit a red light.

"Good. I passed my spelling test yesterday with a hundred," He smiled towards his dad happily, knowing that he would be proud.

A grin pulled at Christian's lips at hearing the good news. He has always known about how intelligent Jaxson was. He had such potential to go on and do great things as he got older.

"You haven't been giving Brooklyn any trouble either have you?" Jaxson had temporally stopped chewing when his dad asked him that question. "What happened?"

"Well, I kind of got in trouble a few days ago..." Jaxson trailed off, taking a sip of his juice.

"And?"