Chapter 5: See? Cute.

I became close to the two girls very quickly throughout the remainder of the day, and we realized we had a few classes together. Hermione and Iris bonded super fast, and I could feel a new girl group growing between us. I felt so relieved at having people give me the time of day. It was awkward at first, because I never really liked attention, but the situation became more bearable as the day passed by.

Later that night, I finished my last corrections on my homework and got ready for bed, yawning. I went up to the dorm I shared with Iris, Hermione, Ginny, and two other girls I didn't know. Who knew I shared my room with two new-found friends. It was nice to have more people to talk to. Especially since Iris was involved in practically every single extra curricular activity you could think of. She was also a super likable person, therefore pretty popular (not in that gross snobby way), so she has to make time for her other friends besides me. I don't think Iris even realizes that people think she is totally awesome. And, I'm almost positive I saw Lee blush when she sat down at the table. She has no idea the effect that she has on people, which adds to her never-ending charm.

I crawled into bed, exhausted at the early hour of 9:30pm. I fell asleep fast, and drifted off into an oblivion of comfort in my blankets.

That 'oblivion' however was not endless, as I was roused awake by Ginny who was shaking me roughly.

"Whhhatt," I muttered groggily. I was sleeping so well!

"Squad meeting tonight! Get up, it's 11:00 dummy," She whispered harshly at me. I pulled the covers over my head, but she pushed me off my bed with a thud.

"I'm up! I'm up! Pushy, pushy woman!" I said in defeat. Ginny smirked at me and pushed me out the door in my plaid pj shorts and 'I love gators at Gatorland!' t-shirt. I looked really stupid in my pajamas, but oh well, it was just Fred and George, Ginny, and Lee. I didn't know Lee that well, but he didn't seem the type to judge.

Ginny practically pushed me down the stairs, leaving me to fall off of the second to last step into her brother, Fred. Any other person would have probably knocked him over onto the couch behind us, but I barely made him sway backwards. He caught me and steadied me, then wrapped me up in a warm hug. I would hug back, but my arms were pinned to my sides.

"Yer kenahf cufucahten meh Frd!" I yelled into his ribs. It was supposed to come out as, "You're kind of suffocating me, Fred," but he got the message nonetheless.

"Didn't know you were an alligator fan, cutie," Fred said when he held me out in front of him by my shoulders, looking me up and down. I blushed a bit when his gaze traveled over my small frame.

"Don't call me cute!" I said, lightly stomping my foot and crossing my arms over my chest.

"See?" Fred said gesturing to my actions. "That was cute." I rolled my eyes and walked over to where George and Lee were sitting, discussing something important very heatedly. I sat down cross-legged next to Lee, and listened in on their conversation.

"But we still need a cure for the Puking Pastiles! We can't just leave customers puking their guts out!" George said to Lee.

"We do have a cure!" Lee protested.

"Well, not exactly. It's only been tested on, like, three first years! And us, of course," George countered.

I butted in, "Would one more test qualify the Puking Pastiles?" Lee looked at me, and as did George. George nodded, and Lee shrugged.

"I'll do it," I said.

"It's settled!" Fred chimed in, sitting next to me.

"I'll do it tomorrow during History of Magic, and if anything goes wrong, I'll just go to the nurse," I planned.

"Perfect!" George, Fred, Lee, and Ginny spoke at the same time. I grinned.

"So, is the meeting over yet?" I yawned.

"Yeah sure," Lee said, smiling.

"You just solved our major problem! It needs to be tested out on at least two girls, Ginny being one of them, and since Hermione refuses to participate, you were our only hope," Fred said to me.

"Awesome," I replied to the group.

The group filed out in pairs until it was just me and my lazy butt. I was so tired. I really didn't want to move. Then, arms wrapped around my waist, and I was being lifted up by Fred. And I thought I was alone.

My face flushed furiously as I was swung over his broad shoulder, and I lazily punched my fists into his back.

"Fred you butt! Put me down!" I yelled. I felt him chuckle, and readjust his arm over my waist. My face got even redder when he moved his arm. I finally resorted to kicking his stomach. He succumbed to the pain and put me down on the ground.

"Merlin, Rose! That hurt," Fred complained. Then he looked at my face and laughed when he saw me blushing.

"Aw, your face is bright red! Cute," He said.

"I'm not cute!" I replied brushing my shaggy brown pixie cut into my face to cover my burning cheeks. Fred just rolled his eyes, and we went up to the separate dormitories.

I'm not cute.