Chapter 21: Beind Blind is Frustrating

Rose's POV

I woke up very warm, and slightly squished. There were sheets all around me, and my glasses were somewhere buried in the mess of blankets.

I groaned, and shoved off the sheets, trying to sit up. As I brushed the covers away, my hand skimmed warm cloth. I rubbed my eyes and tried to make out what it was.

Erm... or who it was.

The twins lay on either side of me, I could just make out their fiery hair and matching green shirts.

A smile formed on my face when I realized what day it was. What better excuse to shove people off of a bed than Christmas morning?

I placed my hands on one of the twin's back (I couldn't make out which was which at the moment), and pushed. He barely shifted.

This was going to be harder than I thought.

So naturally I resorted to the foolproof way of waking up a few stubborn sleepers.

I maneuvered my way off of the bed, careful not to trod on any body parts. and stood at the foot of the bed.

With an evil smirk etched on my face, I ripped the covers away from their unsuspecting and suddenly chilled bodies.

I ran to George's empty bed (as we had all fallen asleep on each other at some point during the movie) and tore open the curtains. I flicked on the light switch and jumped on the bed as they groaned grumpily from the light.

"Merry Christmas, dweebs!" I yelled, and did my best to wrap my small arms around them both as they still laid face down on the bed, trying to fall back to sleep.

I sat back up again and shook their shoulders roughly.

"Come off it, Billy Bob," one of them groaned, then rolled over and accidentally fell off the side of the bed in a rather embarrassing thump.

I giggled as the red head moaned and finally stood up and pushed his brother off the other side of the bed. He fell to the floor and rubbed his head.

"Ow, I landed on something," he mumbled.

My eyes widened. "My glasses?" I asked worriedly. He turned his gaze to look at me and stood up with something in his hand. From the way he stood up, I knew instantly that it was Fred.

"Uh, yeah."

I rushed over.

"Thank you," I said, holding out my hand.

"For what?"

"Giving me my glasses. Hand them over!"

"No."

How cute. He was being stubborn.

"Why not?"

"Because now you can't see."

"Well duh, dimwit."

"Which means I can get away with things."

I rolled my eyes at this boy. He was dimmer than a dying lightbulb.

"Like what exactly?" I questioned, putting the hand that I wasn't holding out, on my hip.

"Not telling."

Yeah, this stubborn thing was perfect. Just adorable, really.

"Fred! Give, now!" I sputtered out, my eyes flashing with fire.

Suddenly, without warning, he darted out of the room.

I pulled at my hair in frustration, and then took off, leaving behind a half awake George in my wake.

I stormed down the hallway after Fred, my face fuming. I could see his hair in contrast to the walls, and I focused on him as I sprinted, my short legs nothing in comparison to his long strides.

Out of nowhere came a brunette on my right, and we crashed into each other. I lost sight of Fred as he bolted down the stairs.

"Rose!" A familiar voice greeted from the bushy brown in front of me. I squinted hard, I was blind as a bat.

"Hermione!? When did you get here?" I asked, a smile stretching onto my features.

"Just last night," I heard her say.

"Oh cool! Nice to see you. Well, sort of. I can't really see anything at the moment."

"I was going to ask where your glasses were..."

"Funny story," I said, and chuckled slightly. "The reason I bumped into you was because I was chasing Fred down the hallway. He stole them." I sighed, and brushed off my jumper and skirt, the ones I fell asleep in yesterday. Ew, I need to shower.

"I'll help!" Hermione said, and looped her arm through mine and guided me down the hallway.

When we reached the sitting room, I guessed Fred was there, because she put a finger to my lips and told me to wait in the doorway.

In a moment, I heard a strangled yelp, a triumphant laugh, and saw a mess of brown and red blurs.

Hermione rules.

A breathless Hermione, placed my glasses in my hand, and I shoved them over my ears.

I gave my amazing friend a quick hug, and tackled Fred to the ground just as he was standing back up.

"What the heck, Fred!?" I yelled as he fell to the carpet.

He just laughed and grabbed my waist to lift me off of him, but I didn't budge.

"I'm not exactly a morning person if you haven't noticed, Rose..." He said, his hands still not leaving my middle.

"But it's Christmas, and you're being a Grinch!" I protested.

"What's a Grinch?"

"A big ugly green hairy guy that nobody likes and he almost ruined Christmas."

"Gee thanks."

I smiled. "No problem!"

Fred then wrestled me off of his legs and we fought each other, rolling on the floor until George walked in on our scene and sighed.

"Just get married already," he said and sat on the couch, waiting for everyone to come down so he could open his presents.

I burst into laughter after shooting acid at George from my glare, and the laughs racking my body made it impossible for me to fight Fred any longer.

He picked me up bridal style, and I suddenly was very aware of my feelings towards Fred as I was drawn close to his chest.

My face filled with color, and I tried to punch his arm.

"Put me down!" I said, helpless and even weaker in his arms. I hated feeling like I couldn't fight for myself. But when I was in some kind of physical contact with Fred, my entire body just kind of crumbled, and I could never fight against him. It was very frustrating.

He just looked down at me and smiled, the warmth melting me.

He sat down on the couch and I was still trapped in his lap. Ginny came bounding in with a refreshed looking Hermione, and they both gave me a knowing look as I crossed my arms over my chest, still seated in Fred's lap. It's not like I had a choice anyhow.

"Frose," Ginny mouthed to George and me. George winked and I attempted to get out of Fred's arms yet again to no avail.

I met Fred's shining eyes, and he smiled at me, "Don't leave me Rosie Posie, I like your company."

I blushed a deep red and turned away, my heart melting.

Why does he have to be so perfect? It's ridiculous.