Chapter 18: Sleep, Screams and a Scary Mrs. Weasley

We looked up at the sky, the stars enchanting us with their glow. I could feel Fred's eyes on my face as I stared into the night. We leaned comfortably against the tree in front of the Burrow, and I tilted my head to catch his gaze.

"Hello beautiful," he murmured. I giggled, and I could feel my glasses start to slip off of my nose. Fred reached over and gently pushed them up. His eyes sparkled and crinkled at the edges, in that perfect way that I looked forward to everyday. A day when he smiled, was a day when I smiled.

He leaned down, his cinnamon breath dangerously close to my face. I hesitated, afraid of the unknown. I searched his eyes, and realized I trusted him with everything I had. I began to close the distance between our lips, my body electric from the anticipation of my first kiss-

"Oh Fred. Kiss me Fred. Mm, oh, Freddie, please!" I woke up to Ginny yelling inappropriate cries in my ear.

I shoved my glasses on my face, the lenses askew, and attacked the girl with my pillow. "I was just summarizing what you were muttering this morning!" She yelled, making my face turn red.

Ginny started laughing hysterically, her head buried under the duvet cover now. I couldn't help but join in on the laughter. I set my weapon down and lifted her up, my body still shaking from laughter.

She sighed, and the fit was over.

"Let's go wake up the boys," Ginny said with enthusiasm. "It is Christmas Eve after all!" She stood up and threw on her robe, tossing me one as well, as she headed out the door.

"I'll get Ron and Harry," she said, standing in the doorway. "You can get the twins." She sent me a wink, and skipped off down the opposite end of the hallway.

I ignored the robe and left the room in my pajamas: a loose t-shirt and yoga pants. I tip-toed downstairs to the twins' room, and an idea formulated in my mind. When I reached their door, I swung it open softly, and the hinges remained quiet.

I reached Fred's bed and looked down at him, only his head and neck exposed from above the sheets.

I recalled my dream last night, and sucked in a shaky breath. I watched his chest rise and fall underneath the blankets, and I realized how bad I wanted him. I - I actually craved his presence when he wasn't next to me. The witty jokes, the contagious laughter, his bright eyes and hair - all of it.

I let out the breath I had been holding.

A smirk slid onto my face.

I'll show him how much I love him.

"FREDDIE BOY!" I yelled, jumping on the foot of his bed.

Fred shot up and screamed, waking up George who yelped in return, and buried himself in his bed covers.

When Fred screamed, he jumped in surprise. He clambered and clung to the side of his bed, but unsuccessfully, and fell crashing to the floor in a tangle of sheets. Fred yelled out yet again and tried to cover himself, but the sheets wouldn't budge.

I had fallen over laughing, and was wiping the tears from my eyes when Fred slowly started to stand back up and get back in bed.

He flopped onto his stomach, on top of his remaining sheets, his feet hitting my legs, as I was still kneeling on the foot of his bed. Opening my eyes, I lifted up his feet, and moved them off of my legs. He moved them back. I shoved them off. He moved them back again.

"Fred," I whined, leaning forward in exasperation.

He suddenly turned around and captured me in one swift moment. I squealed and tried to pull away. He enveloped me in his arms, and he pulled me onto his lap, having already managed a sitting position.