Chapter 6: ROSE!

The rest of the week was off, a teacher planning period or something, so I decided to sleep in. But apparently, some other people had a different agenda planned for me. I woke up the next Wednesday morning to two screaming girls bouncing on my bed.

"ROSE!' Ginny yelled, still jumping on me.

"ROSE!" Hermione screamed, her feet jumping off of my blankets.

"ROSE!"

"ROSE!"

"ROSE!"

"ROSE!"

"ROSE!"

I slipped my glasses onto my face and I threw the blankets over them and wrestled them off of my bed. Well, I tried to. Ginny got a strong hold on my arm, and Hermione sat on top of my legs. In my helpless position, I reluctantly gave up my efforts.

"What is it, you pair of gits?" I asked with a grunt. I have become surprisingly comfortable with this pair super fast. I usually push people away, and I was grateful that they stayed. Except, right now, I could do without them.

"Hey! I have the top grades and test scores throughout Hogwarts! Even better than the top Ravenclaw. I am not classified as a git, thank you very much." Hermione yelled in defense.

"Okay... Git, and more intelligent git," I said, refusing to change my answer. They were sitting on top of me, and I'd only known them for a single day. I think that classified as a git.

"Anyways," Ginny began. "Fred said he absolutely needs to show you something asap, and it's really important, and Hermione and I might have looked at it first but that doesn't really matter, you just absolutely positively need to go to the common room. Now."

"Can I at least change or something first?" I said, eyeing my trunk full of clothes for the weekends.

"No!" Hermione and Ginny screamed in unison. I then refused to walk unless I could change out of my Gatorland t-shirt. Unfortunately, my height and weight came to my disadvantage, and I was then carried off of my nice, warm, comforting bed by the pair, and carried down the stairs into the common room. Hermione had my head and torso, and Ginny was holding my legs.

"FRED!" Ginny yelled, scaring a few first years. "GIMME, NOW."

Fred played stupid. "What? Give you what, Ginny? I'm afraid I don't know what you are talking about." His lips faked a confused frown, but his glinting eyes gave it away. Ginny dropped me, as did Hermione, and I was thrown onto a sofa in the middle of the room.

"Hey Harry, George, Ron," I said looking at the entertained spectators sitting next to me on the couch.

"Hey," said Harry and Ron in unison.

George just winked at me in this weird way as if he knew something that I didn't. I shot a confused look back but he just gestured towards the scene in front of us with his hand.

"Come on, Fred! Give Rose the letter!" Ginny scolded her brother.

"Oh, that!" Fred replied grinning. Fred walked over to me sitting on the sofa and kneeled down on the ground so that he was my height. He handed me a white slip of paper folded in half. I looked at Hermione, Ginny and Fred with a questioning look on my face.

"Just open it already I'm tired of waiting!" Ron admitted, throwing his hands in the air. Hermione giggled at his comment.

I shrugged and opened the letter in my hand, and read it out loud, "You are so amazing, and I wish we could have met sooner. Expect to hear more from me. Sincerely, A Secret Admirer"

I looked around the room at my friends. Hermione looked jealous, then shot a murderous look at Ron (no idea why), Ron looked very disappointed at what he was building up anticipation for, Harry seemed indifferent as if I had said, "Transfiguration homework is due tomorrow", and Ginny and George gave me the weirdest looks ever. They both had an identical smirk on their faces, and left me feeling the same way George did earlier when he winked. What did I not know?

I made eye contact back with Fred and he looked thrilled, yet cautious. Breaking the heavy silence, I spoke.

"Well. I guess somebody likes me. That's really weird." I scratched my head and frowned at the paper. The handwriting was beautiful and delicate. Who could it be?

Fred suddenly stood up and yelled, "That's not weird Rosie Posie, that's awesome!" Then flung himself onto the couch between me and the arm of the sofa. I tried to move toward Harry to get out of the way of Fred's incoming butt, but he plopped onto the couch heavily.

My efforts were thwarted, and the force of Fred's leap made me come crashing into his side.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed. Rubbing my head from the banging it undertook onto Fred's stomach. I attempted to slide away from him and sit closer to Harry, but Fred slung an arm around my shoulders. He was really skinny but surprisingly very muscular. I mentally noted that as I writhed around under his constraint.

I pitied myself for a moment. My entire body against Fred Weasley's arm, and the singular arm won my struggle. I sighed.

"Sorry that I hurt your head... with my rock. Hard. Abs!" Fred said.

"I seriously doubt you have abs," Ginny said. I nodded in agreement.

"Come on, even you?" Fred asked me, feigning hurt. I just shrugged and stifled a laugh.

"Fred, you are such a liar," Ginny and Harry said in sync. Ginny blushed and looked downwards in her lap after Harry grinned at her. Aw cute, she likes Harry.

"Guys this is ridiculous," Hermione added on. Fred threw his hands in surrender. I used his release to make my move towards Harry on the couch.

"Not so fast," Fred whispered in my ear as he wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me even closer. Now my hip brushed his. Most of my legs were bare, considering the fact that I was wearing shorts, and when he wrapped his arm around me, his hand laid lightly on my thigh. I blushed fiercely as his words tickled my ear, and his hand gripped my waist. I wasn't used to being touched by anybody anywhere, and I easily was flustered by my recapture.

"Aw!" Fred said, trying to take the attention away from himself, "You're blushing again." I buried my face into the back of the couch and tried to disappear. It wasn't working. I felt the sofa get substantially lighter, and two pairs of arms grabbed mine and pulled me off of the couch. Ginny and Hermione were standing over me and dragged me over to the door as my feet tried to catch up to their pace.

"We have to go talk about something... Uh..." Ginny said.

"Girl talk," Hermione finished. My face still was hot with pink as the girls pulled me up the staircase to the girls' dormitories. They slammed open the door open, scanned the room to see if anyone was there, and threw me on Hermione's bed which was closest to the door.

"Speak," Ginny said, closing the door behind us. "Now."