Second Home?

The Raj Sabha

Maharaj Dritirashtra: so, as you all know, the Princes and princesses are growing. So this is right age for them to go to gurukul. Mahamantri Vidur, what do you think?

Vidur: Maharaj, I agree that this is the right age for them to go to gurukul. We have found a gurukul for the Princes as well but what I think Pandava princess should not go to kanyakul. I have seen passion for weapons in her eyes. I informed Kunti as well this morning. Maharaj you should ask Kunti for her opinion.

(The Princes and princesses did not know about this and were not there. Only Kunti and other elders were there)

Kunti: Maharaj, after a long thought about this I have finally reached to a decision. I want my daughter, rajkumari Vibha to pursue education in war fare.

Bhisma: Maharaj, I would like to suggest something. Why not let rajkumari Vibha find her guru herself. In this way she will feel satisfied as well right.

Maharaj: since Kunti has allowed rajkumari Vibha to pursue education as per her choice, I will let rajkumari Vibha herself find a guru all alone. This means that she can go to kanyakul or learn weapons from a guru. And I would also like to announce that the guru for the Princes is none other than guru Drona, the student of Lord Parushuram. Mahamantri, please inform the children immediately and tell them that they would be leaving in 3 days. Court dismissed!

Everyone left. Kunti and mahamantri Vidur went to the Pandavas. The 6 children were playing near the pond in the big royal garden.

Vidur: putro, putro, I have something to tell you.

Yudishter: yes kakashree what is it

Vidur: you all will be going to gurukul after 3 days. Putro, your gurudev will be guru Drona. Putri, as you had asked me whether you can learn weapons to, my answer is yes. The king has given permission but you have to find your guru. You may ask guru Drona if you want but if he doesn't accept you as his student, you have to go on a a quest.

Vibha: where guru Drona kakashree? I will meet him right away and ask if I can be his student.

Vidur: he would be in Maharaj's chamber. Go quickly before he leaves.

Vibha ran from there as fast as she could and went to Maharaj Dhritarashtra's chamber and asked permission to enter. She went in.

Vibha: greetings jyest papa. Greetings guru Drona. Maharaj, I would like to speak with guru Drona with your permission please.

Maharaj gave permission

Vibha: guru Drona, you are going to be the guru of my 105 brothers. Will you accept me also as your student please.

Guru Drona astonished: putri, I can sense that you want to learn weapons but weapons are not meant for girls. Go to kanyakul. You will have lots of there and you will meet other princesses too. I can't take you as my student though.

Vibha surprised: guru Drona forgive me if I say something wrong but you can't deny education to someone based on their gender or caste. Me being a girl does not mean that I am weak.

Guru Drona: putri I understand that you want learn but in a few years you won't like it. You would not be able to cope up with the standards. I'm saying this for your benefit only putri.

Vibha was upset and felt like crying but she didn't. She thanked guru Drona and Maharaj for their time and left to Mata Kunti.

Vibha: Mata! Mataaa!

Tears were streaming down Vibha's face. She saw her Mata with her brothers talking about gurukul. She ran and hugged her Mata and cried.

Kunti: Kalyani, my putri what happened? Why are you crying so much?

Vibha crying: Mata, why can't I also learn weapons? Why can't I learn weapons along with my brothers with guru Drona as my guru? Is it a sin to be born as a girl?

When Vibha said her last sentence, lightning along with thunder occurred.

Kunti stopped Vibha and said that it's not a sin to be a girl more like a blessing to everyone. Vibha explained everything to her Mata and her brothers. Kunti and her sons were flabbergasted.

Kunti: that is wrong. Education is for everyone. Education should not be given based on caste and gender. Who said you are weak my putri. You are very strong. The strongest girl in your age. Don't worry. If guru Drona can't give education to you. Then find some other guru who might be equal or better than him. I know a few guru who teach weapons but I think that it would best if you find Lord Parushuram. He is the guru of guru Drona himself. Go get your education from Lord Parushuram. Prove yourself to everyone who thinks you are weak. You are my Kalyani. You are your pitashree's Ammu. Don't worry. Be strong. Where there is a will, there will always be a way. You are your brother's Satva. A warrior. Become a warrior my child. ( Tears were falling from everyone's face)  Be a warrior princess. My warrior princess. Don't lose hope or your passion. Prove yourself. Start packing my putri. Get ready. You can leave a tomorrow after lunch itself. You will need time to find Lord Parushuram. I will inform everyone. I will not tell the who your gurudev will be. You yourself tell them when you return even stronger than you are now. Putro go help your sister. I'll go inform and ask pitamah and mahamantri Vidur for some information about Lord Parushuram.

They all left with a mixture of emotions.