:: 1

Teyvat University. A famous campus known across the world. Where students unite and their futures are bright.

"HEY XIAO! WAIT FOR ME!" Xiao sighed as he tried walking faster to ignore a certain music major calling out from behind him

Venti ran to him while shouting his name and soon enough, he was able to catch up to him. "Are you ignoring me again because of what happened yesterday?!"

"C'mon, it was just once!" Venti exclaimed in hope that Xiao would finally respond to him.

"You threw my shoes out the window, Venti." The said boy just laughed.

"The cats were eating them! I have allergies, I can't go near them." Venti said shaking Xiao's shoulder a bit trying to defend himself as he continues. "What else did you expect me to do?! I panicked!"

Xiao just sighed and shakes his head in a disappointing way. There was a long silence between them until Venti decided to break it with a question.

"So, what you listening to~"

Once again, Xiao didn't respond so Venti just took one of his earphones and listened with him.

He was about to say something and reach out his hand to take the earphone back until he saw how Venti smiled listening to the music he was as well so he just decided to let it be.

Venti noticed what Xiao took his hand back and his mood immediately brightened up.

"Do you listen to them as well?" Xiao asked as a conversation starter.

Venti gasped and started joking around. "Woah, Xiao, trying to start a conversation?! With me at that! Really? Is this really the Xiao I know?! You're a fake aren't you."

All what was heard was a light chuckle and that surprised Venti quite a bit. For all the time they spent together, Xiao was always as cold as the popsicles, one of his friends, Chongyun eats regularly. Next thing Venti knew, he was blushing and stuttering mess.

The two boys were now walking side by side on their way to the local cafe for Xiao to get his daily black coffee.

Xiao removed his earphones and put his phone in his pocket to listen to what Venti was saying and talking about better.

Going down the path to the coffee shop, Venti was just humming the same tune all over again, as if he was trying to make something out of it.

"Hey Xiao! Which one's better, something like this or the one awhile ago?"

Venti says before humming a tune loud enough for both of them to hear.

"That tune sounds... okay, I guess." Xiao answered flustered after listening to his voice. "I didn't mean th- nevermind..." (haha lol tsundere)

"If that's what you like then I will go with that! >:D" Venti noticed his reaction and declared as he pinched Xiao's cheeks teasingly. "Oh my god. Why are they so squishy?"

So for the rest of the journey, Venti was just poking and pinching the life out of Xiao's cheeks.

Venti found it quite fun teasing Xiao. He liked seeing his usual stoic face turn into a burning mess in a split of a second. Venti noticed that it was easy to make Xiao blush and flustered so he always did made him do it a lot.

Something Venti wants to see more of though was Xiao's laugh. He only heard it that day but that made it more addicting and wanting to see him laugh and smile every day.

But this was Xiao's everyday routine. The green bard would bother him every morning, afternoon, and night. No matter how tired both of them were, Venti would just annoy Xiao to the depths of hell.

Little does Venti know, Xiao secretly enjoys his company but of course he would never admit that.

Aside from Venti and maybe a few other people, no one would approach Xiao since they all had the thought in mind that he was scary and he would probably bite your finger off. And so every single moment Venti spends with Xiao is special to him.

With all these thoughts in his head, Venti just kept babbling again and saying whatever came up in his head.

"Will you go out with me?!" Venti accidentally blurted out.

"What?"

"Nevermind."

Xiao just shrugged it off, he just thought Venti was just joking around and such like he always does.

From afar, you could definitely mistake them as a couple but as far as we know, they were just friends.

A/N: I'm not sure if the chapter is long enough... It's my first time writing something like this. But I'm just planning to write all the chapters first before I publish it so...yea.

Also if you feel like the story is moving on a bit too quickly, then pls remember that they probably already knew each other for months/years before the story so their relationship progressed over that time. I just wouldn't like to write it from the start dksdjsjdj