:: 8

Cats, the cutest beings in the world. Meow meow.

Xiao went in his dorm, sitting by the counter bringing out his phone

Xiao went in his dorm, sitting by the counter bringing out his phone. After a while of just scrolling through it, he felt something scratching his leg and he looked to face down.

It was the cat that he brought in a few months prior. It's the same cat which Venti blamed on for the reason that his shoe flew out the window. Usually when the cat would scratch his leg, it would mean that it was hungry.

Xiao stood up, made his way to the kitchen and bent down to get the cat's bowl. He opened the cupboard and to his avail there was no cat food left.

He sighed and quickly wore his shoes, brought his keys, an umbrella since the weather looked quite gloomy, and got his phone and wallet. He had finished his last lesson just a while ago, all his friends still had a few left. He left the apartment and went on his way to the pet shop store thing, no not to buy another cat but cat food obviously.

---

Finally, he got to the dorms, with a bag of cat food and a cat toy. He suddenly got a call from Zhongli.

"Hey Xiao."

"What?"

"I think someone's hitting on my future-so-called-son-in-law." Zhongli said quickly squinting his eyes.

"Who? Oh. Venti..."

Inside Xiao was freaking out but he had to compose himself for that tsundere stance y'know. "What does that have to do with me?"

"I'm by the auditorium, you might want to get here quickly." Zhongli continued. "She's quite a pretty one."

Zhongli heard the line cut off and shrugged his shoulders, still peeking at Venti. The girl talking with him was twirling her hair and shi. "Ew."

"Hey, you're in my music class right?" She flirts with this pick me girl pose. (what even is a pick me girl pose)

"I have no idea who you are." Venti blurts out. The girl felt her face go red in embarrassment then tried covering up with a 'pick-up' line.

"You and I are like nachos with jalapeños. I'm super cheesy, you're super hot, and we belong together."

(i searched up cringe pick up lines)

"Yeah, you are cheesy." Venti gave an innocent smile feeling irritated at the girl. "That was cringe."

"What I'm trying to say is that your cute. I can do much better than the person who might have your eyes on right now."

"Wha-" Venti was cut off with feeling a hand on his arm. Dragging him of the area. The girl in the background obviously felt frustrated she lost her shot with a cute boy.

Xiao dragged Venti to the farther area of the hall, not noticing Zhongli still in the corner. "Ooooh drama." He mumbled taking a picture and sending it to Hu tao knowing she'd appreciate it.

"Ouch- wait Xiao slow down." Venti says trying to escape from his grip.

Xiao noticed Venti struggling and finally let him go. "What's up with you?"

Xiao didn't say anything, still quite annoyed at the girl earlier. Venti immediately noticed that and of course, him being him. "Were you jealous?~"

"W-what?! N-no!" Xiao reacted quickly. "We're not even dating. Why would I be jealous?"

"Well would you like to date?"

Xiao looked up to see Venti with a sly grin. "F-for the millionth time, no."

"But you were obviously jealous!" Venti says poking Xiao's cheek.

"Haah, I'll just go back..." Xiao sighed.

"I'll go with! I still have some extra alcohols-" Venti happily said. Just as they were exiting the building. The rain came down pouring.

Xiao randomly got an umbrella from his hoodie pocket. Venti looked at him with a questionable face. Xiao looked at him, "It looked like it was going to rain."

He opened the umbrella, Venti going under with Xiao.

"Aah-choo!" Venti sneezed. "It's cold."

Xiao handed the umbrella which Venti took as he removed the hoodie he was wearing, grabbing back the umbrella and giving his hoodie which Venti gladly wore.

"It smells like you."

"Well, it is mine."

They both started walking towards the dorms, the rain hitting the shoulder of Xiao since he let Venti take up more of the space not wanting him to get wet and sick. Their shoulders constantly bumping each other and the rain kept pouring.

Xiao smiled a bit, glancing to his side once in a while. 'Well, this is not too bad.'

Fun fact, i wrote this chapter after i wrote the epilogue fksjdjdj