epilogue

Teyvat, the continent that serves as the primary region of Genshin Impact.

For years and years, something felt missing to him.

Was it something? Someone? Somewhere? He doesn't remember anymore.

After being saved by Rex Lapis, he kept searching and searching for something he doesn't even remember. Why was he still trying?

A yaksha adeptus who defends Liyue. Also heralded as the "Conqueror of Demons" and "Vigilant Yaksha." That was his identity now.

Whenever Rex Lapis would bring out the topic of the other gods, like the god of wind, lightning, fire. His heart ached at the first god mentioned. Maybe it had something to do with him?

He even tried searching for the Anemo God once. He hasn't succeeded so he stopped.

For those years we non stop fighting, he longs for a day to come when he will wear his mask and dance - not to conquer demons, but to the tune of that flute amid a sea of flowers.

Xiao, being a powerful adeptus, always defended and fought. But who would be willing to fight for him?

The sky grew darker, his battle was won by a single thread. Feeling he would collapse any time soon, he stuck is spear on the ground as a way to support him. On his way home through the mountains, where was that exactly?

A long sigh came out of his mouth. He was close to ending it then and there but was he able to find that missing something? Xiao kept going, soon hearing the sound of a flute to a new melody coming from a sound far away.

The sound protected him, giving him the feeling of peace and warmth. He never heard it before but it felt so nostalgic. It felt so clear and familiar, who was playing it exactly. It was getting closer as he felt a presence nearby.

Petals of flowers flowed down from the sky. As the figure floated down. Xiao's eyes widened.

"V-venti..." He mumbled. Never in that lifetime has he heard or ever spoke that name but it rolled out of his tongue like he was used to saying it.

"I've waited just as you said, my love." The God chuckled and held his hand out to him. Xiao took it and felt all his memories flowing back, his pain went away and so did his years of worries. "But I was the one who found you instead of you finding me." He joked around.

Xiao, in response, wrapped his arms around him. Holding on to him as if there was no tomorrow. "I missed you." His voice sounded strained and it cracked a bit. "I missed you so damn much."

Venti hugged him back before pulling away. Xiao lifted his chin and connected his lips with Venti's.

Seconds later, Venti rested his forehead on Xiao's. As Xiao smiled, looking deep into his eyes.

"Please don't ever leave me again."

"Don't worry, I won't."

Venti took a deep breath. "I love you, Xiao."

"Mhm. I love you too, Venti."

OH MY GOD IM FINALY DONE

OH MY GOD IM FINALY DONE. now let me marry gallahan as a reward pls