Chapter 8

It was morning, I looked at the clock and saw that it was 8 am, I panicked because I had school, I fell off my bed, and when I did, I realized that it was my Christmas break.

Even though I can still sleep, I woke up because I wanted to surprise Rianne with a home-cooked breakfast since this is the first time we get to talk again after almost a week. I made Sunny side up for her since it was her favorite, I also fried some bacon, and made coffee for her and Hot Cocoa for me.

I designed our plates and placed them on our table, when I looked at them, I was actually proud of myself. She stepped out of her room.

"y/n, why are you so loud" still with her eyes closed because she was still sleepy, she then suddenly stood up straight and opened her eyes. "also, did you cook??" I saw the excitement in her eyes

"I did, yes, thank you for noticing" as I bowed my head.

as she looked at me, her eyes grew round and worried, as if she thought of something or whatever "oh yea, are you okay?"

"what?" I was confused

"you know about.. uh Camilo" she rolled her eyes as if she was scared to say his name

"OH YEA, YEA, DEFINITELY!" I said very loudly, and the volume made it sound very sarcastic

she raised a brow "can I ask something?" I just nod staying completely silent. "is that really the last time you're going to see him?" she put on a genuine pout.

I forced a chuckle "I mean, maybe?" I looked outside the window "maybe not."

I felt her eyes on me and her eyes looked as if she was saying what? are you not thinking?.. "You do know you can visit him right?"

"what."

"uh yeA, apparently I'm the smart one now?" she rolled her eyes, "he said he was going to stay at uh, what do you call that place?"

"Encanto"

"mmhmm yeap, that place, he said he was going to stay for a month or two right?"

I nodded

"why don't you just go there??" she shrugs, giving me a look that said the solution was that obvious and you ignored it. "I mean you can't say school as an excuse, IT'S YOUR CHRISTMAS BREAK, spend it there"

I was dumbfounded, shit, did I really not think of that

she laughed, probably because of how my face looked at the moment.

"YOU KNOW WHAT, I WILL, I WILL" I was enunciating it, cause a part of me is holding me back

Rianne stood up in excitement with bacon on her mouth, she ran to hug me, I hugged her tightly, when we let go I notice her examine my eyes, she raised her brow, and she put on an accusing smile that turned into a comforting one, "It's okay to be nervous".

I closed my eyes and ran my hand over them, "I'm sorry"

A bitch what look was given to me "don't say that" 

I put on an awkward smile. We spent our entire morning just talking, sharing some tea, and laughing.

It was about 3 pm when Miles visited us, this day was very productive.

"Mileesss!" I ran to hug him, he hugged back with a genuine smile

"So what do you want to do today?" he asked me

"I don't know," I said, he shrugged telling me he doesn't know too. "how about we take a walk? you know, just talk, we haven't done those in a while"

"yeah?" as he grabbed my hand and walked towards the door, I stretched my other arm out to take my go-to bag which has some essentials when I am in a rush. he stopped to let me grab it, I nodded as a sign of we can go now. and we did