Epilogue ~

A/N: okay, Maroon 5 was a big help while writing this so I recommend listening to both of these while reading <3

--------------------------------------------------------------

y/n's pov - Normal

Camilo's pov - Bold

17 years later

Here I am, peacefully sitting at a cafe; it's lovely; it was decorated in a vintage style with almost everything made of wood, and the fairy lights hanging from the ceiling were the icing on the cake.

I sat near the windows, which were adorned with vines and flowers, waiting for him to return with our drinks.

While scanning the area, something caught my eye, or should I say... someone. My stomach dropped when I saw who it was, and it dropped even more when he looked at me. We locked gazes, and I noticed his smile slowly fade. When he started walking towards the Cafe, I quickly turned away.

The bell rang, and because I was my age, I decided to be mature and deal with it. I took a step forward in front of him and extended my hand for a handshake. He kept staring at me, and I did my best to return it. He shakes his head subtly, snapping out of where he was, and then completes the handshake I've been waiting for.

"y/n," he began, sending chills down my spine. Oh, how I've missed you. "h-how are you doing?" he snickers, revealing a long-concealed smile

"I've been doing great, hasn't it been a long time?" I respond, matching his vigor.

He remained silent, a smile still on his face.

"Camilo? " I call out, waving my hand in front of his face to get his attention.

"I'm so sorry, I just- I missed you," he says.

"I can't say I don't feel the same way," I chuckle, before a thought occurs to me, causing me to squint, "it was real, huh?"

He asked, tilting his head.

"I mean, us. We were real; it wasn't just a childhood love thing" I chuckle.

"Believe it or not, it's true," present tense? really Camilo? "But that doesn't mean we're meant for each other"

I looked at my table and we both sat down to continue our conversation "another thing... I realize it's late, but... Congratulations on your wedding"

His face softens, and he beams with gratitude as he pauses and pulls out the 'pendant' on his necklace. "I just-" before I could even look, the ring of the bell caught both of our attention.

I see a woman our age approaching Camilo with the sweetest smile, and I thought that has to be her. Camilo looked at her and delicately grabbed her hand "Sorry amor, I was just catching up with an old friend" he said while caressing her knuckles.

She smiles at me and waves her hand as I do the same "it's fine, I'll let you be, I'll be outside," she says as she raises the camera around her neck, hinting at what she'll be doing. She then kisses him on the cheek before leaving the Cafe.