Chapter 25

Inspiration... again... from Marvel, but I twisted it a lot. BIG inspiration from the "Light between oceans" too

------------------------

We stayed the night and took a deserved rest, alongside was the reason that we were waiting for an aftershock, luckily... no one came. The next day, today, they talked to me about dealing with the other 'y/n', Camilo told us that I could put myself in another trance with her there, just like what she did to me yesterday. Carlos offered to help with carefully putting me to sleep and we appreciatively concurred.

Throughout the night and day, I guess you could say that I was seeing and feeling hints of her in me by filling my mind with intrusive thoughts, uncontrollable use of my power, and... it was terrifying, the fact that I'm not even in my own mind, that there's someone controlling me. There was a part of me that was even more scared of the fact that I'll lose her ultimately, the fact that starting from there I'm going to run with my own thoughts, and... I don't know what that's like. I can't explain it.

"y/n, we better get started," Carlos raises his arm, getting me out of another session of my overthinking. I haven't even told him about Rianne yet.

"Yeah, definitely" I displayed a sweet smile in front of my worried and anxious truth. I stood up from the soft cushions of the sofa and walked to them.

"hey, what are you doing? go back to sittin' there" Mariano scrunched his face at me.

What we were going to do just slipped out of my mind for a second there. I awkwardly chuckled, staying silent as I groggily went back to sit. "Lay down" Camilo approached me holding what seems like a hundred pillows around his arms.

"oh, okay." I did what was said, and stared at the ceiling in thought. "it feels like a therapy session" the giggles swiftly transformed to a curious hum "hey, maybe I do need- ay!" my words were cut off by a pillow hitting me in the face.

"I'M SORRY, I didn't mean to" Camilo guiltily hollered from the armchair.

I lifted my head and shot him an annoyed look "didn't mean to? how? the pillow just teleported? or it... what? flew?" I opposed, keeping my glare at him. He returned a smug smirk before standing up and approaching me, the hundreds of pillows still right in his arms. He started squeezing in pillows around me, "Milo, I'm fine, I don't need all of these"

"No, I just- you have to be comfortable, and I want you to feel safe" he slowly lowers the remainder. "I'm scared for you"

I sluggishly rose up to sit and grabbed his shirt to pull on, hinting for him to sit down beside me. He did, but he was staring at what was in front. "Guapo, I'm going to be fine, besides..." I let out a sarcastic chortle "I'm stronger than her, and come on! it's me, I can do anything, I'm the scarlet witch, remember?" I nervously joked.

"yeah, you can do this..." he left the sentence unfinished and stood up "now lay down... and have this" he handed me a very well-known toy.

"oh my gosh," I chuckled as I ripped it from his hands, earning a genuine grin from him.

Carlos enters the room with his eyebrows knitted "y/n, I'm going to be very fast with this... because it may..." he lowers his voice and shifts his gaze, approaching steps accelerating "hurt."

"what—" he placed his finger on my temple making my words fall off my mouth and free a painful cry, the next thing I knew I was once again in a black void making me feel like everything was closing in on me. shit, what do I do now?

"you're back... so early, I didn't even get to prepare" she appeared with a nervous grin, joking. The ground was shallow water, not getting any higher than my ankles.