Chapter 17

Camilo's POV // December 26

I wake up full of guilt, knowing that I hurt her, knowing how stupid I am to let her go even when I still love her.

I look at my bedside table to check the time... "12:30 pm" everything felt like it was 'falling' apart. Before, she was at least my best friend, but now? I don't even know. Everything felt heavy to the point that I can't even move, can't even think properly, can't even... shit... can't even do anything. I felt vulnerable.

I stayed still for a while, just looking at the ceiling, with my mind blank.

Again, I like Amelia... she's good for the family, you know? and that has to do

I cringed at myself when I thought of that, she's not worth for someone to just settle down with, I think she deserves a lot more, a lot more than me right now.

I went downstairs and just spent the whole afternoon lazily helping out with the chores, they didn't ask me to do much though, probably because I looked very haggard.

"Camilo, Amelia wants to spend time with you later, 8 pm" Abuela tapped my shoulders making me look at her and when I did, her eyes grew wide "clean up for Amelia."

I nod as she walks away. I went to my room right away and started getting ready. If I say I'll do it later, I'll most probably lose motivation and not do it at all.

I looked at the Mirror and shifted into y/n's form, "I miss us" I forced a chuckle, exposing her smile that was as bright as the sun's rays in the morning, making you feel like she's always there, making you feel like she's always going to come back.

So far, she was always coming back, but now? I'm not so sure anymore. I went back to my original form, feeling a teardrop fall from my eyes as I was holding on to the sun necklace she gave us.

"Primo..." I hear Isabela's voice softly reaching out "I just have something to say, as someone who has partially been in this situation, I know it's hard, but if you don't think you can love Amelia, please tell us"

"I like Amelia, and I think that I do have the ability to love her, I just need time... besides, we've only known each other for what? 3 or 4 days? I've got time."

"Okay, just so you know... I count you as my baby bro, I'm here to listen."

"thank you, Isa" I gave her a grateful smile before she gently closes the door on her way out. I gave myself a slap on the face, waking myself up "you can do this!"

I walked out of the casita with a wide smile, I'm used to it... pretending to be okay, to smile, to be someone else, I mean... it's my powers, what a waste it would be if I just stay as me.

I wiped off any excess dust from my ruana, deeply exhaled, and knocked on her door. I wish it was y/n's door I was knocking on

I was greeted by Amelia's father, "Good evening, senor" I wish that was y/n's papa instead "I'm here to take your lovely daughter out on a date"

He gave a smile "definitely, take your time with her," I wish that was a terrifying glare and a 'bring her home in an hour' from y/n's papa instead

He stepped away as Amelia walks out in a pastel yellow dress with the widest grin on her face, I wish that was my y/n instead.

She grabs my hand and said goodbye to her father, all we did was walk around town, getting to know each other much better, she was mostly the one talking. There were times my mind would get someplace else and I'd apologize to her about it.

The time passes by and it was already past 12 am. "I should probably get home" she looked up at the dazzling moon that was surrounded by countless stars.