Chapter 23

TW // Implied suicide.

***

I was woken up by Dolores madly shaking my shoulders.

"y/n, wake up, please, wake up" her vulnerable whimpers made my heart drop. I have never heard her cry like this. Not once.

"Hey, hey, what's happening?" I panted through my panicked breaths

"You called Miles, didn't you?" I quickly nod "I don't think they took the risk of letting something this big go, they're coming."

"what?" I squinted in confusion, I called him, I did everything he asked.

Her breaths became deeper before grabbing my hand and dragging me to the Casita. "Dolores? y/n? are you okay? what happened?" Tia Julieta came out from the kitchen with her stained apron.

She covers her ears and squeezes them, terrified. "Tia? can you help me wake up the whole family" I sent her a worried look letting her know that it was severe. I rushed to each room and desperately knocked on each door

All of them let out frustrated and drowsy groans before descending the stairs. They settled down to the couch and crowded Dolores.

"Tell us everything" their troubled faces shifted in my direction

"I don't know much, but she said that 'they're coming'" I kept my stable stance, but my mind kept going someplace else.

"They're going to hurt the Encanto, even though they were told it wasn't true, they're coming." She firmly gaped, not stuttering one bit.

"y/n, you must leave." Abuela pleaded with her glassy torn eyes

"No, I won't. I'm going to help you, If I leave, they're not going to stop. So no, I won't leave."

I notice her congregating the words to go against me, so I cut her off

"Is your old town still livable? they can stay there. You decide whether to tell them, but I recommend you don't, which is probably the worse choice because it might cause panic and prote- but" I brushed it off, aware that what I'm saying is adding to their worries "uhm, your choice."

I decided to take the lead and decide because they're the victims here and I want to take things off their minds, so I'm going to sound very bossy here, but I couldn't care less. "Abuela, Could you lead the whole town? Annika can help. Antonio? come with them and bring your animals."

"wait, wait, wait, I want to stay," Antonio rushes to me and pulls on my shirt.

"I'm sure you do, but you're coming with them, it's not safe"

"but-"

"Tonito?" I raised a brow, sharpening my tone. Making him slowly nod and back up in agreement. I let out a deep breath, disappointment in myself. How bitch of a person am I? but hey y/n focus, you're doing this for them. "Isa? Can you make things there decent? or at least make the place feel homey?" I looked into her eyes waiting for a response. She swiftly nods. "okay, thank you. Mirabel, you are coming with them, bring Camilo. Distract the townspeople, okay?" I notice him display hurt in his eyes, but I pushed it on the back of my mind, wanting to place all my attention on the problem. "Rianne, Carlos, Go with them, please."

"I can help" Carlos steps forward "Rianne's going though"

"If you're staying, I'm staying" Rianne hits him in the arm and sent him a look that said what do you think you're doing?