PART 7

Scott knocked on the bathroom's door

"Hayden? It's Scott." He spoke but got no response. "I know that you're scared, but we just...We want to help."

"Is she your girlfriend?" I asked and Liam looked at me.

"No." He quickly replied and I smiled.

"I can hear her heart beating like crazy. What happened?" I asked.

"She was okay when he got here. I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in." Liam replied.

"Why?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know." Liam shrugged.

"She's definitely a Chimera?" Scott asked.

"She said she heard a voice saying, "Your condition improves""Liam replied and we looked at each other.

"Okay, that's unsettling." Stiles walked over to the door and knocked. "Hayden. This is Stiles. Your sister works with my dad down at the station. Look, just open the door, okay? You can trust us."

"Hayden." I knocked on the door. "I'm Lia, pleasure. We need to explain everything to you. Face to face. Open the door or I'll have to break it open."

I made a face and shook my head. That sounded threatening.

"Hayden, we need to know if you're okay." I softened my tone.

I looked at the others and sighed. I backed away from the door a bit and put my hands in front of me but before I could do anything, the door opened.

Scott slowly pushed the door open and we saw Hayden. Her eyes glowed of a yellow neon color and she looked terrified.

"I believe you." Hayden spoke.

[...]

Scott spread a map out on the table.

"We're back to telluric currents." Stiles mentioned.

"If the Dread Doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden." Scott suggested.

"Okay, so, besides Eichen, where's the strongest convergence?" Stiles asked.

"We're standing on it." He pointed to the school on the map.

"You want to hide her in the high school? For how long?" Stiles asked.

"If we have to, all night. Liam convinced Hayden not to say anything to her sister yet. She's working a double tonight, and she thinks Hayden's staying at a friend's." He explained.

"But it's just a school though. You know, I mean, it's not exactly a fortress." Stiles spoke.

"Remember how Valack quoted Tesla?" I asked.