PART 10

Lydia had gone to the library to investigate but she had been there for quite a long time so I decided to go look for her without thinking too much about it

"Lydia?" I called her entering the library and looked around.

I pulled out my phone to call her but frowned when I saw an open book on a table. I put my phone back in my pocket and walked towards the table.

"Woden's hunt, also known as the Wild Ride or Wild Hunt. A myth of devilish riders in the sky accompanied by black dogs, spectral beasts whose eyes glow with fire, A Bearer of Death and Guardian of the Supernatural, the black dog is also known by its more common name. The HellHound"

I read and a victorious smile appeared on my face. Parrish was a HellHound. I took out my phone again to call Lydia.

"Lia." I heard a voice.

I jumped startled and turned around closing the book.

I saw Theo and sighed in relief.

"God, you scared the shit out of me." I put my hand on my chest.

"What are you doing?"

"I need to call Lydia, it's urgent." I replied looking for Lydia's contact on my phone.

"Slow down. What's going on?" He grabbed my hand and I looked at him.

He leaned towards me and kissed me. I took his face in my hands and closed my eyes. Suddenly, I pulled away and gasped seeing images again.

I saw the Dread Doctors. I saw them drag each of the Chimeras. Tracey, Cory, Josh, Hayden. Then I saw a little boy. The Doctors were preparing to perform a surgery on him, he seemed calm. Way too calm. The Doctors grabbed a beating heart. The library appeared again but this time I heard roars. I heard Liam and Scott arguing. Then, I saw Liam looking at his hands, they were bloody and Scott was on the ground. Dead.

I blinked several times breathing heavily and looked around disoriented.

"You saw it, didn't you?" Theo asked, changing his tone.

"What are you talking about?"

"Damn it, Lia. I wanted to leave you out of this." He spoke and I frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm sorry, Lia." He had a guilty look on his face.

I saw him grab something from his pocket and felt my heart drop to my stomach. Everything happened so fast. In a blink, I felt a sting on my neck and yelped.

I saw Theo holding a syringe. He had injected me something. I looked at him and my eyes filled with tears.

"I'm sorry, Lia." He repeated.

"What did you do to me?"

My vision began to blur and I felt dizzy. I couldn't control my body anymore and I couldn't make a sound.

My vision blurred and I passed out. I felt Theo catch me and after that everything went dark.

[...]

I opened my eyes slowly. I felt weak, I couldn't even get up. I focused my sight and I breathed heavily when I saw what I had in front.

It was a nightmare.

Theo was standing in front of the Nemeton with Tracy, Corey, Hayden, and Josh besides him.

I tried to get up with all my strength and he looked at me.

"Don't use up all your strength. You'll need it if you want to survive." He spoke.

I turned my sight and saw Lydia lying next to me. She was paralyzed, she wasn't even blinking.

"What did you do to her?" I mumbled.

He walked over to me and knelt down besides me.

"I'm really sorry, Lia." He touched my face.

I groaned trying to get up. I fell to the ground and saw them walk away. I turned around and looked up at the sky.

The moon and the stars shone brighter than ever. Tears slid down my cheeks.

He betrayed me. All this time he had been lying to me and I fell like a fool. Like a fool who just wanted to be loved.

[...]