Chapter 8

"Your past is just a story and when you realize this it has no power over you."- Unknown

Chloe's POV:

"...."

"CHLOE! Save us."

I groan, rolling on the other side, closing my ears with the soft pillow. For the past five minutes, Emma and Melissa decided to cry over something, disturbing everyone's beauty sleep.

"MONSTER."

This is why I wanted a separate room.

I sit up straight, rubbing my eyes.

"Can't you idiots just shut up?" I glare at them with my red eyes to find them both actually crying, hugging each other. Emma was with Melissa, on her bed, pointing her finger beside me.

"I-Its t-there...."

I turn my head to where she is pointing.

At first I spot nothing but find Bella awake sitting up on the bed, looking at her sister. From the corner of my eye I catch something on the wall.

A cockroach.

A tiny cockroach.

"Aaaa..its moving towards my bed." Emma screams on top of her lungs.

"You did not just wake me up for killing this thing!" I yell back throwing my arms in the air, frustrated.

Melissa's lips quiver as she tried to snicker but fumbles.

"Hah-h, See-e I told Em-mma th-heres nothing to be sc-cared off."

Chickens..

Meanwhile, I glance at the two boys who are sleeping peacefully as if this commotion is a daily routine to them. Eric covered himself with the sheets and Aiden pressed the pillow to his ears.

I raise an eyebrow at Melissa's dumb act.

I sighed tiredly.

I'll just kill that thing and go back to sleep. There is still half an hour more left until it's time for breakfast.

The moment I turn towards it, Bella finally notices the brown insect and catches it with her bare hands.

"BELLLAAA." Both the girls behind me screech like a car's tire drifting on a slippery road.

I watch in shock, gaping as the little girl holds the cockroach by its antenna.

The inset wriggled under her grasp making Bella's hand tremble.

Her eyebrows crease and she yanks it behind on Aiden's bed. The insect disappears into his covers. She scrunches her nose in disgust.

My eyebrows shoot up to my hairline in amusement.

Melissa shudders at the scene while Emma sits like an empty soul staring ahead. "My sister has to take a bath with the holy water now..."

I guess everything sorted out. I glance at the watch and decided to head to wash room to get a good warm shower.

I push my covers, getting up. Taking my pair of clothes I head to the restroom, opposite to the bedroom.

After a quick bath, I make my way towards the hall for breakfast.