25: Epilogue

"You can never start a new chapter in life if you keep re-reading you last one."-Unknown

=>Epilogue<=

Few Years Later...

Third Person POV:

The girl sat on her bed, humming a soft tune. Her emerald eyes sparkled under the sun rays coming through her window.

She furrowed her eyebrows, erasing the picture she drew and started to draw once again. Her bedroom was a complete mess that was scattered with different shades of pencils and paints.

"Lisa!"

She glanced at her door, hearing her mother call from downstairs. A wide grin grew on her face hoping they are here.

The girl quickly got up, running downstairs in excitement.

The woman stood in the kitchen and heard soft footsteps descending downstairs but she didn't turn towards the source of that sound.

She placed the tray safely inside the oven and closed its lid. Her fingers brushed over the grey knobs of the oven, setting the timer for the cake to be baked.

"They still haven't arrived." She sighed turning around to see her daughter pouting with her arms crossed.

A smile covered her face seeing the little girl. She walks towards her child, stroking her lavish raven hair that fell till her shoulders.

"The guest will be here anytime soon, why don't you go sit with the boys."

The girl rolls her eyes, growing impatient by each second. She knows exactly what her dad was up to.

She left the kitchen not before placing a soft peck on her mom's cheek, who beamed before returning back to her chores.

Lisa walked towards the living room, sending a longing look at the main door.

A tiny smile tugs her lips as she peeked over the sofa, watching both the boys staring at the screen playing their favorite game.

"No no no..." The adult groans, pressing the buttons on the joystick furiously.

"Goal!" The screen flashes with the victory of the opponent. Lisa's dad slumps into the couch with a loud huff making her giggle.

"Haha, yes!" The young boy throws a fist into the air, standing up from his seat in excitement. His grey orbs twinkled and a huge grin makes its way on his face.

"Cheater.." The other guy muttered under his breath but clear enough for everyone to hear and chuckle at his childish demeanor. The girl blinks at the screen and walks towards the winner.

"Lisa, did you see that? I won again!" The girl nods, smiling at her brother as she walked up to him. She takes a seat beside him on the couch.

He smirks, looking at the annoyed adult and continues, "7th time in a row."

The man glares back, his black eyes set at the teen, "Eric, you just cheated all the way through!" His throws his hands in the air in frustration.

The smirk on Eric's face widens as he and Lisa makes a knowing eye contact. Their dad can never win nor accept a defeat.

Both the kids erupt into laughter seeing the man getting more frustrated.

"No Mr. Aiden, this is FIFA, you need skills here."

Aiden cocks an eyebrow at Eric who gave a quick high-five to his six year old sister beside him.

"At least I'm better at driving, both in real life and games." He emphasized the word games making Eric and Lisa stifle laughter but they silently agreed on their dad's mad driving skills.