Chapter 12

"A good friend is like a four leaf clover,hard to find but lucky to have."-Irish Proverb

Chloe's POV:

I groan as I pull Melissa to help me finish the chores in the kitchen. There wasn't much to do since the staff is already present in the kitchen preparing food for all the members since morning.

I glare fiercely at Mel who sat on the counter taking a bite from the bowl filled with chocolate dough.

"You are not getting any share in those cookies, I swear."

At first she hums, her eyelids shut as she enjoys the sweet flavor of the chocolate dough. She snaps her eyes open in fear, realizing the threat behind my sixth warning.

"Wha-wait,why?"

"Mel stop being a lazy butt and come help me shape these cookies." She sighs placing the plastic bowl aside, swinging her feet back and forth she slips slowly from the counter landing on her feet.

"Whats so hard about making cookies?" She rolls her eyes walking over to my side.

Mel and I decided to make few cookies for Eric and the rest of us. I personally felt like doing something on my own rather than having it ordered from outside. Once it is done, we will have it ready to be served tomorrow along with the cake.

It was a easy task requesting the cooking staff to allow us to make a tray of cookies on our own. The head of the kitchen was rather pleased but on one condition that we do not end up making her kitchen a living mess.

"Look, place a small piece of dough on you palms and try to shape it."

I watched closely as Melissa makes a small coin shaped cookie placing it on the tray.

Impressive.

"Never knew you could bake." I follow her steps trying to make another cookie. She giggles on my compliment.

"Nah dude, I just happened to read a cooking magazine once. Things would be lot easier if we had more equipment."

I ended up making perfect size cookies out of the dough and kept placing them on the tray. I look at myself and the surroundings and sigh in frustration.

Flour.

Flour on my dress,on the floor and on the counter.

Looks like I couldn't keep my promise to the head. I turn to Mel who finishes the last piece of dough and places it on the tray.

"Mel could you do the rest,I'll get this place cleaned up." She nods at me before moving away along with the tray.

She goes to the other side of the huge kitchen which is filled with people rustling, busy preparing for the lunch.

I look around taking a deep breath and getting back to work.It takes about ten minutes before I'm done cleaning the place free from any speck of flour.

I grin admiring my handy work.It probably is the first time I cleaned the place since I arrived to the asylum. The counter shines under the bright light from the ceiling showing my own reflection. 

"Oh sweet,you're done."

Melissa walks to me patting me on my back making me grin widely.

"Crap,it is almost time for the class, Eric is really looking forward to this one." I frown making Mel mimic me. We still need to wait and watch over the cookies.