Chapter 2

*Irene's POV*

I woke up and saw Greggy still asleep. I got up and looked outside my window. Today my daughter turns 4. How I wish I was at her side as she blows her candles. I took a deep breath of regret after everything that had happened between me and Leandro. But he gave all that up for me to be here with Greggy and to support my family. Greggy suddenly woke up and hugged me from behind.

"Good morning hon." Greggy said.

"Good morning hon. Shall we have breakfast now?" I asked.

Greggy nodded and we got ourselves ready. I went out to check the nursery room where Alfonso and Luis sleeps. I saw my kids are awake and already dressed up. I picked up Luis and Alfonso grabbed his daddy's hand as we head down to eat. While we were eating, the family is discussing the plan of exile.

"How about you Ading, will you be joining is in Hawaii?" Daddy Ferdie asked.

"We'll be heading to San Francisco Dad. Right hon?" Greggy responded.

I was looking down on my food, distracted. Thinking about Leandra.

"Hon?" Greggy tapped my shoulder.

"Yes?" I responded.

"Are you okay Ading?" Mommy Meldy asked.

"Yes Mommy, I was just thinking." I replied.

"But yes, we are heading to San Francisco. Greggy's house is available while Alfonso and Luis can study there for Primary." I added.

"That's good." Daddy Ferdie said.

After breakfast, I kissed Greggy goodbye as he leaves for work. I head back to my room and thought about writing a letter to Leandro. It is only fair that I should reach out to him after 2 years. I decided to make one for Leandra as well. Hoping that when the right time comes, she'll be able to understand why this all happened. And to also let her know that I love her and always think about her. Leandra's letter reads...

My precious star,

As you grow up and wonder about mommy, I hope you'll find it in your heart to forgive me for being far away from you. I have lived such a challenging life that it affected my relationship with your daddy. But because he loved us both deeply, he sacrificed his happiness in order to set me free and to protect you.

Allow me to make it up to you when the right time comes my precious daughter. Always remember that even though we are miles apart, I am always thinking about you. I love you and your dad very much.

All my love,
Mommy

I could not help but cry as I was making this letter. I pulled out Leandra's photo from when she was 1 year old and stared at it. I began to wonder what is she like now. What could be her favorite food? What makes her smile, laugh or even cry? I long for the day where I can finally see my precious daughter. But until then, you shall remain in my heart my precious star.