Chapter 7 + Announcement

*Leandro's POV*

Today is my daughter's first day in kindergarten. I laid out the clothes that she will wear and the bag that she will bring to school. It seems like yesterday, she was this tiny and clingy nugget. Now she's about to begin her journey and explore the wonders of academics all on her own. I have no doubts that she will do great things in school.

Since the school is just a block away, we just decided to walk. As we reach the gate of the school, someone called my daughters name.

"Leandra!"

Leandra turned around and saw her mommy Irene standing in a corner. My daughter ran towards her and hugged each other. I pulled out my camera to capture the moment. Afterwards, I approach them.

"I thought I stopped by and see her before she goes to school." She said.

"Yeah no problem. I'm glad you're here on her first day." I replied.

We gave Leandra the tightest hug and a kiss as she finally goes inside the campus. We decided to talk for a while.

"What time does she get off?" Irene asked.

"She's done by lunch time."

"But don't you have work still?"

"I figured I can pick her up during my lunch and just take her to my office."

Irene paused for a second. As if she was thinking of something.

"Well maybe I can pick her up after school and let her stay with me for a while."

"Are you sure about that Rina?"

"Yes! The two boys can be her playmates and I get to spend more time with her. Please Leo?"

"Well... Alright. Sounds like a good idea too."

I was very pleased with Irene's efforts on being close to Leandra. I just hope Greggy won't mind. We parted ways afterwards since I'm heading off to work. Irene heads back home and waits for Leandra's dismissal.

*Irene's POV*

I was glad when Leandro accepted my offer to have Leandra after school while he is at work. I brought Alfonso and Luis with me as we were heading to Leandra's school. Right away, I saw my daughter and I was elated to see that smile on her face, indicating that she had a great time at school.

"Leandra!" I shouted.

She heard and ran towards me. I carried her in my arms and got her inside the car. When Alfonso saw Leandra, they both hugged each other. I was very happy to see that my children are getting along despite the situation.

"So, you hungry baby?" I turned around and asked Leandra.

"Yes!" Both Leandra and Alfonso responded.

"Alright, how about we get some McDonald's?"

"Yes Mommy let's go!"

Leandra was very excited that she started kicking her legs, wanting to get to Mcdonald's right away. Oh how I miss the simple times as a kid, getting excited over Mcdonald's. Now I get to relive it with my kids. We finally got to Mcdonalds. I opened the car door for Leandra and Alfonso to come down first. I saw Leandra taking charge of her little brother by holding his hand while I carry Luis. We all got burgers, fries and milkshakes to celebrate her first day in school. Being exposed to the lavish lifestyle of being a presidential daughter is nothing compared to being a mother, spending time with her kids while enjoying a meal. This is the life that I have always wanted. Simple, private, happy and content.

We made our way back home and I settled the two boys in their room for quiet time while I took Leandra to my bedroom. I cuddled up to her for a bit until she finally fell asleep. I couldn't stop staring at my precious Leandra while she was sleeping. I hope you'll remember this when you grow up love. 2 hours later, Leandro came to pick her up.

"Thank you Rina for doing this. You don't know how much she needs you in her life." Leandro said.

"I just hope one day, she knows that I tried to be there for her."

"I know she will Rina. A mother's love is the purest form of love a child can ever get."

I kissed my daughter goodbye, telling her that I will see her again tomorrow.

Announcement: I decided to open an IG so that I can get to know more about my readers. Follow me @ThePandamonium18 (Who knows, I might do a live soon hehehehe!)

KUNG HEI FAT CHOI!