Chapter 20

The Araneta family drove up to Batac Ilocos Norte for a grand family vacation. Greggy was driving, Irene was on the front seat while Leandra, Alfonso and Luis are seated at the back. Alfonso looked at her sister who was sitting still and looking quite nervous.

"Are you okay Ate?" Alfonso asked. Irene and Luis looked at her.

"I'm... nervous... what if they won't like me?" Leandra said.

Alfonso and Luis held both of her hands.

"Don't worry Ate, they will. They will love you the same way we were loved." Luis said.

As the family reached their destination, they saw all of the cars of each family member parked outside. From the balcony, Bongbong saw the Araneta family.

"They're here!" Bongbong shouted.

Bongbong went down to meet them. When he finally saw Leandra all grown up, a tear fell on his face.

"Ready?" Bonbong asked Leandra.

She nodded in response. He proceeds to hug his niece and led the way up to their ancestral house where everyone is waiting.

When they made up the stairs, Mama Meldy, Manang Imee and Aimee stood up to greet Irene and the rest of their family while the Manotoc brothers greeted the Araneta brothers. A few seconds later, they noticed Leandra at the back. There were no questions asked, yet they looked at Irene, waiting for her to introduce the young lady. Irene and Greggy looked at each other and grabbed Leandra's hand to move up front.

"Everyone..." Irene said.

"My eldest daughter... Maria Christina Leandra."