i. TWO TEENAGERS WAKE UP IN A BUS

✦ ۰ —ᣞ       ACT      .       ONE  i.
chasing shadows
   a.  ﹙  born  ﹚     leader    :     🎥

" when you are young they assume you know nothing. "

————————————————————————

december 18th.

YOU.

——-     Y/n's story began as every great story did; crammed into a bus full of annoying teenagers, heading straight for the largest canyon in America. With the way her headache progressed, she seriously considered jumping into the canyon when they arrived.

She's leaning against something, half asleep. The bus hits a bump and Y/n jolts up. Her eyes finally adjust to the bright light emitting from the snow and sun outside, pooling into the bus. She rubs her eyes with the sleeve of her hoodie and yawns loudly.

"You okay over there?" A voice called out right next to her. The thing her head was resting upon had turned out to be a boy around her age, with black, curly hair that stuck out in every direction, like it couldn't be tamed. He had dark brown eyes, brown skin, and a goofy smile on his face.

Y/n didn't recognize him — she was certain she had never met him in her entire life. And the same went for everyone else. She knew nobody on this bus. Deciding against making a big scene about it, Y/n looked to the boy, nodded, and stuck a cold hand in her pocket. She felt something equally chilly, hard and square hit again her hand, and so she inspected it; it was a smartphone.

The boy next to her turned around to talk to someone as Y/n turned the phone on. She pressed the on button, and it opened up to a lock screen that had a picture of her and a girl she didn't recognize either. Except, she knew that she did know her, and just couldn't remember. She had that feeling.

The girl had dark black hair worn in a ponytail, a mole under her eye, glowing tan skin, and threw up a peace sign in the picture while wearing a t-shirt with a black flannel. Her wrist was decorated with bracelets, one of which had a name on it. Y/n turned the phone to try and read it; it said 'Y/n'.

Is that her name? Oh man, I don't even remember my name. The name on that bracelet sounds familiar, but I can't place it. She thought as she tried to remember the password to the phone. After a couple of tries, Y/n sighed in frustration. She dropped the phone on her lap when she saw a polaroid picture stuck in between the phone and the clear case.

It was another picture of her and that girl, but this time they were at what looked to be an amusement park. This picture was taken at the very top of a Ferris wheel, and it had a date written at the bottom; 6-15-XX. This summer?

Next to the date, was a little note that said 'Never forget', followed by a poorly drawn heart. She shrugged, and opened up the phone again, putting that date in as the password this time. When the home screen opened up to her, Y/n muttered a short 'yes!' in excitement.

"Dude, ya know we're not supposed to have those! Put it back before you get us in trouble..." The boy next to her said in a hushed tone, pushing the phone towards her pocket, where she reluctantly put it back.

"Oh, she's awake? Morning N/n!" A female voice said from behind her. Y/n sat up, turned, and saw a gorgeous girl, with choppy brown hair, bangs, and eyes that seemed to shift colors. "Morning..." She muttered back.

She looked to the right to see another boy, this one with short blond hair, and a scar on his lip. He looked, well, confused.

"Well, now the whole gang's up! Sweet." The brown-haired boy said, wearing the same goofy smile on his face.