v. Y/N ACCIDENTALLY STALKS LEO

LEO.

——-     Not long after Piper "got beautiful", (which was to say she wasn't before, which she was,) Leo ducked out from the campfire and made his way into the woods.

He had never been anywhere like it before, as he grew up in Houston, and never lived anywhere that wasn't desert. He stumbled and tripped on branches and roots, struggling until he was out of eyesight, and summoned fire. He had always had the ability, but felt it best to keep it hidden.

He was afraid his friends would leave him if they ever found out what a freak he really was.

The flames danced along his fingertips lightly, illuminating the area so he could finally see where he was going.

Leo was searching for the dragon; that was his plan. Fix, or, tame, the dragon, and use it as transportation. Leo also just wanted a dragon.

Unfortunately, all he could find was a wild wolf, who ducked away in fear at the sight of his fire. He sighed in relief.

He wandered his way into a clearing in the woods, when he saw a one of the traps, which was a pit surrounded by boulders, filled to the brim with... Tabasco sauce and oil?

Leo noticed pressure plates lining the edge of the pit, connected to a net that would hopefully trap the dragon when it got too close. He stepped on one of the plates, but nothing happened; he wasn't heavy enough.

Just as he was about to make his way into the vat to find a way to disarm it, he felt something behind him. The hairs on his arms stuck up in fear, when a hand placed itself on his shoulder.

"The hell are you doing out here?" A familiar voice said.

Leo snapped his head back, and sighed in relief when he saw her.

Y/n stood there, smiling at the boy. Had she followed him all the way out here?

"What are you doing? Are you crazy?" Leo wondered slightly smiling. He felt better seeing her.

"Well I saw you sneak off earlier, I was just curious." She grinned.

Leo quickly put out his fire, hoping she didn't see it.

"What happened to your flashlight?" She asked in response.

"Oh, um — " Leo began, but stopped once he heard thudding footsteps from the distance. Y/n noticed it too. It felt like a tremor, like the beginning of an earthquake.

I gotta hurry. He thought, but felt his heart sink when he heard a snort, like steam being forced out of a machine. He turned slowly, to look at the other edge of the pit. Y/n looked over his shoulder.

The two saw a pair of glowing red eyes staring back at them from afar.

The dragon's body was illuminated by the moonlight, the bronze plates that covered its whole body reflecting the light. It was around 60 feet long, with giant bronze claws and sharp teeth, and yet, Leo thought it was the most beautiful thing he'd ever seen. But there was one problem.

"You don't have wings." Leo pointed out.

The dragon stopped snarling, and tilted its head in wonder, like a dog.

"Is he friendly?" Y/n questioned fearfully from behind Leo.

"Probably not."

"No offense, though, you're amazing! Good gods, who made you? Are you hydraulic or nuclear powered or what? But if it were me, I'd add wings. I guess you're too heavy to fly? I didn't think of that..." Leo continued talking to the dragon, hoping he understood.