vii. CANADIANS (derogatory)

YOU.

——- As the daylight faded in the distance, Y/n lightly shook Leo awake.

"We're here," she said. The boy yawned and rubbed his eyes, adjusting to him now being awake. Y/n looked down to gaze at the city below them, which sat on a cliff overlooking a winding river. The surrounding area was coated in soft, blinding white snow, the town contrasting the cold with warm, glowing lights. The architecture resembled that of an old medieval village, consisting of a literal castle in the center of the town which fascinated Y/n. It had huge red brick walls and a square tower with a green gabled roof.

"Tell me that's Quebec and not Santa's workshop." Leo joked.

Y/n grinned, and Piper looked over the h/c haired girl's shoulder, "Yeah, Quebec City. Founded in sixteen hundred or so, making it one of the oldest cities in North America." She confirmed.

Raising an eyebrow, Leo asked, "Your dad do a movie about that too?"

Through her heavy makeup, Piper frowned at him, "I read sometimes, okay? Just because Aphrodite claimed me, doesn't mean I have to be an airhead."

"Being a daughter of Aphrodite doesn't make you an airhead, being an airhead makes you an airhead." Y/n laughed.

Piper glared at the girl, "Feisty!" Leo exclaimed, "Since you know so much, what's with the castle?"

"A hotel, I think." Piper responded.

Leo scoffed, jokingly, "No way."

As they neared the castle itself, Y/n sat up to get a good look, and low and behold; she was right. Doormen, valets, and porters crowded the grand entrance, taking care of customers, cars, and suitcases. Luxurious sports cars and limos lined the streets and parking lot, with dozens of people hurriedly exiting said cars in expensive suits and winter coats, to get out of the cold, Y/n assumed.

"The North Wind is staying in a hotel?" Leo asked incredulously, "that can't be — "

Jason cut him off, "Heads up, guys, we've got company!" He was looking down, so Y/n followed his gaze, noticing a pair of angry looking angels carrying swords emerging from the tip of the tower.

In defense, Festus reared back, talons and teeth bared as he prepared to blow fire. "Steady, boy." Leo calmed.

"They looked like venti." Y/n noted.

Jason added, "I don't like this."

As they got closer, Y/n had changed her mind; they looked like normal teenagers, completely solid, rather than the storm spirits, along with blinding white hair and purple-feathered wings. They were similar enough looking that they could be brothers, yet riddled with enough differences that being twins would be absurd.

The one on the left had a rugged hockey player look. He wore a bright red hockey jersey draped over his buff chest, gray, baggy sweatpants, and black hockey cleats. He looked like is a bull had come to life and the first thing he saw was all of Canada, which made sense, considering they were flying over Quebec. He had two black eyes and when he opened his mouth, he had flashed several broken teeth. Y/n assumed he must've recently been in a fight.

On the other hand, his brother looked like he stepped straight out of the 80's rock era, with his blinding white hair cut into a ragged mullet. All of his clothes were far too tight, including his designer pants, (which were tight in all the wrong areas) his silk button up shirt, of which was barely halfway buttoned, and his pointed toe leather shoes made him look like a a leprechaun in a bad Bowie cosplay. Along with his blotchy acne, he looked more scrawny than Leo.