vi. THE METAL DRAGON IS TOTALLY SAFE AND NOTHING BAD COULD EVER HAPPEN

LEO.

——- "Leo?!" Leo heard Piper yell from the ground. He and Y/n were seated on top of Festus after constructing him a pair of wings.

All night into morning, the two helped each other (more like Y/n watching and occasionally handing Leo tools. He didn't want her to get hurt) make the addition to the dragon's body. They both were covered in oil and grease, and Y/n had her hair pulled back (with a headband, clip, or ponytail. Or whatever you want.)

Leo sat at the front, grinning like a maniac, and Y/n waved from behind him, slightly sitting up to be seen over his shoulder.

Before he could land, the alarm horn went off, and an army of half awake demigods armed with weapons and pajamas stood in a dazed formation. "Don't kill us!" Leo shouted. The dragon landed, "It's cool! Don't shoot!" The archers lowered their bows reluctantly, and the others kept their weapons ready.

Campers swarmed and surrounded Festus, worried to get too close. Festus glowed in the morning light, sun rays ricocheting from his bronze and copper paneling, making his sharp teeth and talons glisten in the light. His ruby eyes shimmered, reflecting a glare into a few of the campers eyes. The expressions on his cabin mates faces were priceless; he thought they'd bust a lug nut.

Festus extending his beautiful wings so everyone could see; for a dragon, he sure loved to show off.

"It's beautiful." Piper said, earning stares from other campers. Festus stood on his hind legs and shot out a beam of fire into the sky, and as the campers prepared for battle, Leo just slid off, followed by Y/n.

"People of Earth, I come in peace!" Leo shouted, and Y/n smiled beside him. The two looked... insane. They were covered in grease and soot, and their hair looked dirty, like they'd rolled around in oil. Leo wore a new tool belt, and they both had bloodshot eyes; and Y/n's looked worse than Leo's. The Tabasco sauce to the eye and all nighter made her look like she had pink eye, but she smiled like she didn't care.

"Festus is just saying hello!" Leo announced.

"That thing is dangerous! Kill it now!" An Ares girl shouted, pointing at Festus with her spear.

"Stand down!" Jason piled in through the crowd, a look of astonishment on his face. "What did you two do?"

"I got us a ride! It's what you wanted, right?" Leo explained.

"It... it has wings..." Nyssa stuttered.

"Yeah! I found them and reattached them." Leo grinned.

"But it never had wings... where did you find them?"

"Umm..." Leo began, "In the woods." Y/n finished.

"Yeah, the woods. I also replaced and repaired all his circuits, mostly, so no more problems with him going haywire."

"Mostly?" Nyssa asked.

Just then, Festus's head tilted, and he poured oil all over Leo and Y/n's heads, soaking them completely.

"Just a few kinks to work out." Leo said.

Nyssa stared in awe, "But how did you survive? I mean... the fire breath..."

"I'm quick. And lucky." Leo made up an excuse. "So, he good for the quest or what?"

Jason looked at the three skeptically, "You named him Festus...? You know that in Latin Festus means happy, right? You want us to ride off and save the world on Happy the Dragon?"

"That's a yes, bro! Now, I'd really suggest we get going soon. We already picked up some supplies in the... woods... and all these people with weapons are making Festus nervous." Leo answered.