iv. THE VERY CONCERNING GREAT PROPHECY

LEO.

——-     "There you are."

Y/n's head whipped around at the sound of his voice.

Leo grinned back at her, going to sit down with her at the dock. He moved her collection of supplies; a t-shirt, sleeping bag, and backpack. He wondered where she got it, but decided it didn't matter. He set them off to the side and took a seat next to her.

"I've been looking for you, what're you doing here?" He questioned. The girl looked down into the water, like she was considering something. She then clutched a piece of paper and shoved it into her pocket.

"When my tour was over, I felt everyone looking at me so, I ran. I got nervous." She let out an awkward chuckle.

"Don't worry, I understand that all too well." He laughed, "I thought I was going to explode when I got claimed; you know, all eyes on me. It was nerve wracking, to say the least." He admitted.

Y/n let out a sigh. Leo looked at her, craning his neck so he could see her face.

Her mouth was twisted up like she was upset. Upset at what? Leo had no clue. The tension grew as the silence continued, and Leo felt like Y/n would feel better if he let her sort out her thoughts, rather than interrupting her with a joke, like he usually did.

She looked him in the eye, and he felt nervous — it happened every time they were alone.

"Leo, I need to tell you something."

Oh gods. Leo knew it. She didn't want to be his friend anymore. He had been waiting for this conversation since the day they met, and here it was. And even though he spent so much time worrying about it, he wasn't prepared.

But what Leo didn't know, was that she was going to say something else; something he was even less prepared for.

She adverted her eyes back to the water. "The last thing I remember, is waking up on the bus." She confessed.

Leo's stomach sank. He had heard that wrong, right? His mouth curled down into a frown, and his eyebrows furrowed. "What?" He asked.

"You asked me if I remembered the day we met," she said, referencing to earlier at the museum, "and I didn't answer; I got cut off. If I hadn't, I don't know what I would've said, because, truth is — I don't. I don't remember anything before today. Not Piper, not Jason, not the Wilderness school, and, not you. And gods I wish I did."

Leo couldn't speak. He couldn't think. The thing he feared most today, after losing one best friend, was losing another one. And he just did.

This one stung more than before, though. Because although him and Jason were close, him and Y/n were closer. Or, at least he thought they were. From what he remembers, the two of them did absolutely everything together; whether it be sneaking out at night, stealing food from the cafeteria, or pulling pranks in the teachers, they were inseparable. And now, he finds out she doesn't remember any of it?

"Oh." He said, looking down at the water with her. Feeling anxious, he stood, and tried to walk off. He had figured that her point was that she didn't even know him, and he was being clingy. And that was the last thing he wanted.

He was surprised when he felt a force pull him back. He looked back down and saw Y/n holding his hand, stopping him from leaving. He blushed slightly.

She stood, but didn't let go.

"Wait. I didn't mean that we aren't friends anymore or anything." She explained, "Unless, you don't wanna be. Even though, from my perspective, I only met you today, you're a really good friend. I do want to be your friend, even if we did only meet today. And who knows? Maybe we have been friends for months, and I forgot for some reason."