xv. ACT TWO / PISSING AN ANCIENT WITCH OFF (CHALLENGE)

✦ ۰ —ᣞ ACT . TWO ii.
from ash and bone.
half. ﹙ corpse ﹚& half god : 🎥

YOU.

——- Y/n saw as Leo got distracted with appliances on the second floor.

"No way, is that an armored forge?" He said, walking over to it.

Before Y/n could stop him, he jumped off the escalator and sprinted over to a big, oval oven that looked like a grill on steroids.

When the rest caught up with him, Medea chimed in, "You have good taste. This is the H-2000, designed by Hephaestus himself. Hot enough to melt Celestial bronze or Imperial gold."

Jason flinched, "Imperial gold?" He said as if he remembered that term.

Her Highness nodded, "Yes, my dear. Like that weapon so cleverly concealed in your pocket. To be properly forged, Imperial gold had to be consecrated in the Temple of Jupiter on Capitoline Hill in Rome. Quite a powerful and rare metal, but like the Roman emperors, quite volatile. Be sure never to break that blade..."

She pleasantly smiled. "Rome was after my time, of course, but I do hear stories. And now over here — this golden throne is one of my finest luxury items. Hephaestus made it as a punishment for his mother, Hera. Sit in it and you'll be immediately trapped."

Leo apparently took this as an order and began walking toward it in a trance.

"Leo, don't!" Y/n ordered.

He blinked, stopping in his tracks. "How much for both?"

"Oh, the seat, I could let you have it for five great deeds. The forge, seven years of servitude. And for only a bit of your strength — " She gave Leo prices on various items in the appliance section.

Y/n wasn't comfortable with the idea of leaving him with the witch and followed the two as Piper branched off to speak with Jason. It probably wasn't a good idea to split up, but they were still close enough in case of emergency.

She took place next to Leo, with Medea on the other side of him. Y/n quickly glanced back over her shoulder and saw Piper slap Jason across the face. She snickered.

"And here, is my Celestial bronze oven, with electric stove tops powered by none other than my storm spirits themselves. Their lightning is perfect for powering the stove to temperatures of over 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit!" The princess gushed.

Y/n scowled, "That's, like, double the heat of a kiln, the hell would either of us need that for?"

Medea growled lightly when she saw Leo agreeing with the girl, nodding and moving on to the next thing.

"This fridge is modeled after the Medusa's powers, turning your food and drink to stone for the strongest preservation in the world."

Y/n walked past it, "Why would I want to eat food that tastes like rock?"

Leo followed her, and Medea clenched her fists in rage.

The princess stood in front of the two, cutting them off from wherever they were walking, "What about this? This is a high-power, instant cleaning washing machine approved by Poseidon himself!" She offered. Medea then turned to Y/n.

"Or rather, Neptune?"

Leo just walked past and gazed at the next thing, and Y/n hesitantly followed him, without a snarky remark. (Although, she did consider asking if "Poseidon approved" meant it was salt water.)