Chapter 7

Jirou walked with Bakugou back to the dorms, all the way to the end of the girls’ hallway, hands still entwined.  They hadn’t run into anyone en route, surprisingly enough. She guessed that people would find out about them eventually...if there even was a ‘them,’ but she would rather not have to deal with everyone hounding her all at once about it tonight.

Bakugou pulled Jirou into his strong arms, bending down to give her a light kiss on her forehead before pulling away.  He smelled of something sweet and dark, like burnt sugar cookies and sandalwood. Jirou wondered if it was his natural scent.  Maybe one day she’d be lucky enough to find out.

Drawing her out of her reverie, Bakugou informed her that he’d text her soon so she’d have his number.  She smiled at that and teased him saying, ‘finally, it took ya long enough!’ He admitted, grinning roguishly - the expression seemingly stuck on his handsome face as of late...well, at least around her -that he’d been a bit distracted, and it was all her fault.  She blushed sweetly as he wished her goodnight.  She wished him the same as he entered his room, closing the door behind himself shortly after.

Jirou sighed, contented but slightly flabbergasted.  She was still in disbelief that any of what had happened had actually transpired. It all felt so surreal and hazy, much like a fever dream. 

“Come on, feet,” she said, quoting Labyrinth, one of her favorite movies, as she made her way back down the girls’ hallway.  Arriving at Mina’s door quite quickly, as it was only a few doors down from her own, she knocked. Her spritely, pink friend poked her head out only a few moments later.  

“Hey, girl!  I got your message that you wanted to talk! Did you get mine?”

Jirou shook her head. “Actually no, sorry. I haven’t checked my phone in a little. Is it still cool if we chat for a bit?”

Mina laughed a little, looking sheepish and a smidge apologetic.  “Well...I am actually hosting a sleepover tonight with the girls from Dance Club. I was planning on inviting you to hang and have it be a surprise, but I didn’t want you to think I didn’t care about what you said!  Won’t you come join us, though? Maybe we can all talk about whatever it is together?” She looked pleadingly at Jirou, pulling her best puppy dog eyes.

Jirou looked torn, scuffing her sneakers on the floor as she debated.  After a few seconds pause, she answered, “Alright. Just lemme grab my sleeping bag and toothbrush from my room.”

“YES!!!” Mina punched the air victoriously.  “You won’t regret it, girl! We’ve got the works all set up for tonight: popcorn, ice cream, and terrible rom-com movies! Also some board games in case we wanna do somethin’ else!”

“Sounds fun,” Jirou said, meaning it.  She really hadn’t spent much time with her friends since school started up for this term, other than in classes. She would study with them sometimes and eat with them at lunch, but they - and Jirou herself - had all been so busy focusing on the tons of schoolwork their teachers kept piling on for their final year at UA.  

After snagging her dark purple sleeping bag and her electric toothbrush, she decided at the last second to put on her bunny slippers.  Mina had gotten them for her for Christmas last year, and she wanted Mina to know how much she appreciated them. While a little more 'kawaii' than her usual style, she really did like them.  She then departed, figuring she could come back to her room to shower and change in the morning. Arriving back in front of Mina’s door, she knocked. This time, Uraraka’s rosy-cheeked face answered, her mouth full of what appeared to be popcorn.