Chapter one

1st week: London has entered the first stage of the virus. Scientists are beginning to worry about the infected seeing that death rates are rising.

4th week: London is now in lockdown due to the virus. Small sections of London are heavily infected.

10th week: Death is all London knows, quarantine has been under effect. Scientists say their cure is coming close to complete.

16th week: London has fallen. The army is on its way to take out the infected and build designations.

19th week:  Reconstruction is beginning in London, designations are closer than ever.

28 weeks later: Welcome to London, designation one.

Camila's POV

   "Sir, I wasn't told we would be having kids crossing the wall. I haven't even figured out if kids are suitable for the cure" I say to Sargent Mendes.

    "I understand Ms. Cabello, but it's just one little boy it's going to be fine. He can be used for testing" He simply says as if it was the easiest thing to do. Wrong. It wasn't easy, there wasn't a proper procedure in effect for children. Who knew how this little boy would act or be affected by the medication?

     "But-" I couldn't even finish my sentence till I was interrupted.

     "Handle it, Ms. Cabello, I must greet our new designation one group." I shut my mouth and decided to not say anything else. I knew I couldn't win, it was impossible with Prawn Mendes. That's what my team called him, it was funny.

     I collect my breath and headed to my testing station this was going to take all day. There were so many people getting off the plane, that's where I saw the little boy with who I'm guessing is his older sister.

     Breath in Camila, I tell myself. The day is almost over. At my testing station, my team is trying to get their stations ready. I work as a med corps, I'm a doctor in the army field. I take care of the wounded soldiers and anyone else my Sargent needs me to take care of. I love my job I wouldn't change it for the world.

"TEAM LISTEN UP!" I holler getting my team's attention.

"We're going to be having a little boy and his older sister come through here, Dinah and I will take them. No one touched them! Got it?" They holler yes ma'am or just shake their heads. To me that's a satisfying answer, I'm not mean and scary.

    Seeing them come to the door I go to the door directing the grown adult as they come through. I spot the little boy and his older sister.

"Can you two come with me? Since you guys seem to appear younger my best friend and I would like to work with you." Camila says as the two slightly flinch at her voice.

     They follow her to the tent Camila was stationed at. It was connected to others in the airport. They decided to do testing there so that they wouldn't be exposed to the outside world exploring just yet.

Camila takes the boy while Dinah takes the older sister. Camila exams the boy's facial features, he was a bit pale, had freckles all around his nose, his eyes are what made Camila even more intrigued. Blue and swamp green... well Hazel but his one eye looked like a swamp in a good way of course.

"I'm Camila what's your name?" I ask gently as I take out all of the supplies I need.

     "A- Andy Miss Camila" he calmly says I can see his sister smile ever so gently at him.

     "Nice to meet you, Andy, I must say your eyes are so pretty. Where do you get it from?" I ask he looks up with brighter eyes.

     "My mom had the same colors as me."  He smiles fondly and is proud.

     "That's so cool, I wish I had green or hazel eyes. But there boring brown" Camila says smiling as the boy laughs.

     "I think they're pretty, just because they're brown doesn't mean they can't be cool" He kindly says, my heart swells. He's so kind.

"Oh and that's my sister Amanda" he widely smiles at his sister who giggles and smiles at him.

    "It was nice meeting you both, but I'm afraid we must end our conversation here. I have others I have to check. But stay safe and don't go out of the wall" I say and they nod their head. The older one looks like she's gotten an idea. I just brush it off and bid my goodbyes.

"You good there Camila? You look like you're thinking about something" Dinah says catching my attention.

"Yeah I'm fine so let's get this finished up I want food," I say motioning for the next patient.

6 hours later... no literally 6 hours later. I am extremely hungry and exhausted. But I can't just sit around, I need food in my system. Surprisingly it was a little bright outside, I step out of the oh-so-familiar airport and walk to the cafeteria they have for all the new arrivals in designation 1.

I walk in and a bunch of smells hit me, good smells of course. I look around and see Andy and his older sister. I walk up to them to say hello, they look brighter than they did before.

"Hey, guys how are y'all?" I ask they look up from their food and smile.

"We're good miss Camila, you can have a seat we're waiting for my dad," He says taking a spoon full of rice and putting it in his mouth.

"Have you been at the airport all day?" asks Amanda.

"Yep, unfortunately, but it wasn't too bad I'm just a little hungry" I respond as I faintly feel my stomach grumbling.

"Why don't you go get something to eat?" I hear an unfamiliar male voice. I turn my head and see a tall man who looks exhausted and drained.

"Sorry I don't think we've properly met, I'm Adam" he puts his hand out for Camila to shake. She takes his Ruf hands into hers and shakes them.

"I'm Camila nice to meet you, you have some lovely children" I compliment him he smiles wildly at his kids.

"Why thank you, I know how hard you have been working so please eat something and stay hydrated. You are more than welcome to sit with us" Adam offers Camila nods her head as a thank you and gets up to go get some food.

Not so bad maybe having a kid in destination 1 won't be so bad...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helloooo!!! First chapter!!! 😈💪probably isn't even good but I swear it gets really good! I hope you all stay along for thing journey thank you and please read COVER ART IS BY THE AMAZING: jaguarmanip ON INSTA GO FOLLOW !!!! Also, don't forget to vote/ comment!!

28 weeks laterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें