Chapter two

Lauren's POV

     "LJ you see any activity on your side?" I hear Mani ask through my Walkie-Talkie.

     I look to the ground through my sniper. I'm a designated marksman in the army, there had been a virus outbreak and now I'm on top of a big building in London.

"Nope anything up there Mani?" Mani flew the choppers, she would fly soldiers in and out.

"Nah nothing, don't you ever just get bored being up here? And it's hella dark outside right now" She says.

It does get boring, the only interesting thing that's happened so far is designation 1 coming in. They were the first-ever group to be back in London as the virus is being cleared.

"It's done and I know it's dark, does it ever get scary flying in the dark?" I ask curiosity filling my mind.

"Only sometimes, but when it's raining I get freaked." She answers as I hear her chopper fly above me.

"Well, it's now ten, time for shut down" I respond looking at my watch.

As all the lights in designation one shut down. Apartment lights go on, I sigh as I look through all the windows that had the curtains open. This was like my TV for the night.

How cute, a man putting his two kids asleep. I missed my family so much. Oh ok then... this dude is pounding into his girl. I think as I look in the second window. The third showed a couple sitting on the couch watching tv. Then my breath stops a beautiful brown-haired girl at her laptop. Her hair fell over her shoulders, her big brown eyes hard and focused on her screen. Breathtaking.

She closes her laptop and stands up, the brown-haired beauty goes to her window smiling up at the moon she closes the curtains. Damn it, I already miss those eyes.

"BOO!" My heart stops and I flinch back.

"Mami what the fuck! What was that for!" My hand is on my chest as I try to collect my breathing.

"Oh come on, have a little fun!" She says laughing her ass off.

"Aren't you supposed to be in the air?" I ask ignoring her statement.

"Yes, but I'm bored did," she says dragging on the D's.

"Go before Sargent prawn gets on your ass"

"I guess, but watch out for the infected" she smirks she turns around and I get back to where I was, then she jumps back scaring me once again.

"DAMNIT MANI!!" I Holler she laughs and heads to her chopper.

The high drag on as I sit at my post watching the moon turn into a sun. It was beautiful how the sky turned to all different shades of red, orange, pink, and blue.

I couldn't sleep, I never could, it was impossible with Mani's chopper flying high. Not only that I was a little scared of the infected. I could easily kill them but it was the fear of everyone dying and running out of food. Do you know how many there are? Tons.

I look through my sniper and look for the window to see if I see the girl from last night. No luck, I point the camera down to the street to see two kids running. More importantly the two kids from last night.

"What are they doing out at 7 in the morning?" I say to myself. Then It hits where they're running to. The wall. They can't pass the wall, they'll get killed if they pass the wall.

"We have a situation at the wall, two kids have just crossed" I way into my walkie.

It doesn't take long for target Shawn to respond.