Chapter three

Camila's POV

No, no, this can't be happening. It can't be happening. We're going on lockdown, this can't be happening. I need to find Andy and Amanda.

     I grab a gun from a dead infected and poke him making sure he was dead. Shawn behind me pulls out his gun making sure he still has ammo.

"Cabello how much ammo?" He asks I check the magazine.

"About 20 rounds, you?" I ask.

"22 we gotta get out of here and shut the whole place down"

"I can't I have to find someone," I say as I begin to walk forward.

"You can't do that Camila, we have to get everyone into the airport to shut it down." He sternly says. But I just couldn't leave them in the waiting wing alone they were just kids. What if anything happens to them? I can't risk them being in danger.

     "I can't Sargent you are more than welcome to put me on leave when this is over, but they are just kids who need help."

     His eyes soften he sighs holding the bridge of his nose.

     "Fine, but you need to hurry the fuck up. Get those kids to go to the airport. No wasting time Cabello" Truth be told Shawn was like an older brother to me, it might now have seemed like that at first but he's taking care of me. He briefly hugs me.

     "Be Safe Cabello and don't die" he points a finger at me.

     "I'll try not to," I say he nods his head one last time and runs towards the exit, to where I briefly hear the yells of army soldiers who are un-loading ammo.

     I run towards the entrance of the quarantine wing, the lights were flashing red. It was starting to give me a headache. As I run through the halls I hear a faint gurgling noise in the distance. Oh shit.

    There were two of them, one dressed up in a medical scrub and the other in a soldier's uniform. I aim my gun at the soldier shooting it in its head it falls to the ground limply. I aim at the med corpse she runs towards me I quickly shoot but miss. I reload my gun but I'm tickled to the floor.

    "Shit" I groan the infected tries biting me, I punch her in the face. She falls to the side of me but still tries to bite me. I quickly shoot her in the head. She falls to the ground as blood trickles down her forehead.

     A scream from around the corner catches my attention. I quickly get up and run towards the scream, as I turn the corner I see Dinah being attacked.

    I shoot the zombie and it falls to the ground. Mmm zombie has a nice yet fitting ring to it.

     Dinah opens her eyes and looks up at me.

     "What the fuck" she says trying to process what's happening.

     "What THE ACTUAL FUCK WAS THAT THING?! DID I GET BITTEN?! AM I DYING" she screams.

    I quickly put my hand over her mouth to shut her up. Noise is what attracts them I learned, now Dinah needs to help me find the two kids.

     "Dinah you need to be quiet, I need your help. I need you to help me find the boy and girl from yesterday" I keep my hand on her mouth, her eyes wide. She slowly nods her head.

     I move my hand away from her mouth she takes a deep breath in trying to collect herself.

     "I know where they are, before the whole break out I saw them. Come on" She grabs my hand as we run through the empty halls. Everything was scattered and blood everywhere. I try to catch my breath as we come to a stop.