Chapter nine

Camila's POV
WARNING: Tissues will be needed.

I woke up refreshed for the first time in like two days. I woke up to Lauren hugging me and Andy who was on top of me soundlessly asleep, Amanda still holding his finger.

Words can't describe how bad I feel for these two precious angels. I feel bad for taking Andy's blood I sound obsessed when I think about it or even want to ask him.

But I know they already took his blood yesterday when we got to Texas and we were being examined. I feel Lauren stir awake next to me, once she's fully awake she turns her head to me and smiles. Her smile was so cute, she kisses me on the forehead and I smile kissing her cheek.

Not even being fully awake a blaring alarm goes off, and not the one on a phone to wake you up. No this was an emergency bell. The base was going into lockdown. Meaning no one can go in and no one can go out. Just great, not even twenty seconds of pure bliss. Andy and Amanda shoot up and look at us with pure fear in their eyes.

"Go get changed and don't leave the camper wake up Dinah and Normani" I instructed them, they get out of our bed and head to the lofts.

Lauren was already putting on her pants and shit that we're given to us the day before by Ally. Speaking of Ally she just ran into our camper.

"CAMILA! YOU DIDN'T TELL ME HE WAS AB NEGATIVE!" She yells as my shirt goes on. I freeze. The rarest blood type is AB negative. Only 1% of people have it.

"WHAT?!" I yell as I tuck in my shirt to my army pants. I put in my boots as Ally continues to talk.

"Last night I was testing his blood, wouldn't you know his blood doesn't get affected by the virus? He could be bitten and won't change or die. Also, there are zombies out by the gates. But not even the fact he's AB negative is exciting... I think I found something to help us all I need you to help though be-" before I let ally continue Lauren cuts her off.

"WHAT?! Did you just say there are zombies out by the gate?" Lauren asks taking her gun she takes extra ammo.

"Yeah but-" Ally stops talking and realization runs through her body.

"HOLY SHIT THERE ARE ZOMBIES OUTSIDE!" Ally screams. I get up shaking her.

"Pull yourself together we have a boy here with very negative blood and we need it! Take him and Amanda to the lab and I'll be down there don't get killed!" I tell her, she nods her head leaving Lauren and I's room. I compose myself and fall into Lauren's touch as she hugs me from behind.

She kisses my cheek "Everything is going to be ok baby, just don't die ok?" She jokes I smile a little.

     "Let's get going," I say she nods and I kiss her lips lightly.

     We run out of the room and outside where I see Mani and Dinah already waiting for us.

     "FINALLY! Let's go Camren" Dinah says, we run towards the base where absolute chaos is taking place. I see Sargent Rob run to us.

     "Lauren and Normani, I need y'all's help. Mani, I need you in the sky with our jet and chopper team, Lauren I need you in the front lines with the soldiers. Think y'all can help?" He asks my heart stops. He wants Lauren to go out in the front lines shooting people that can kill her in a second. I want her to say no but...

     "Yes sir!" Mani and Lauren say at the same time. They knew better than to not help. Lauren hugs Dinah as a bye and I hug Mani.

     "You're gonna take care of her right?" I whisper to Mani.