Chapter seven

Camila's POV

     Sitting in the chopper next to Lauren conversation goes on as I think. One where are we going? Two how am I going to test Andy's blood?

     "Mani do you know where we're going?" Lauren asks.

     "We're going to good old Texas. Do you remember Ally Brooke?" Dinah's head shoots up.

     "Blonde? Small?" She asks Mani nods.

     "SMALL!" Dinah and I both say at the same time.

      Ally Brooke was another Med corps in a different station. She wanted to stay in Texas because she knew the area.

     She was tiny hence the name smallz. Dinah and I met her in our training class, she was the sweetest thing ever.

     "You two know her?" Lauren asks confused. I turn and smile at her, her confused face was the cutest thing.

     "Yeah we used to go to training together," I say Lauren and Mani smile.

     "We're also Friends with Ally we met her the day we were signing up for boot camp," Mani says.

     "Is she still in Texas?" Lauren asks Mani nods.

     "Yeah, she said that we can land there and they can help up. They're also trying to figure out a cure for the whole thing."

     Perfect. We can try to ask Andy for help. If his blood helps he will be changing the world.

Soon the sky falls dark as we near Texas, I rest my head on Lauren's shoulder. I like when we're cuddled up and we're holding hands.

"So if you guys don't mind me asking... do any of you know how the break out during the lockdown happened?" Mani asks after a couple of minutes of silence.

"I don't know what happened," Camila and Amanda said together.

"I know what happened," Andy says as he looks out the window not meeting any of our eyes.

"When I had gotten separated I had got pushed into the lockdown room. There was light but it went out it was replaced by a red light. I was really confused but then after walking around I found an open door. I made my way to it but stopped. It was my dad, but he was turned. And he chased me. I got scared and ran back and found a vent to crawl into. People started getting infected and I crawled through the went and found my way outside of it where I saw Dinah." Andy wipes the tear that fell from his eye. He closes his eyes and lays on his sister who tries her best not to cry.

"Oh..." was all Mani could say. From then on we stayed silent.

     20 minutes pass while Lauren slept I stared at her facial structure and how her nose would occasionally twitch.

     Mani's voice pulled her out of her thoughts.

     "Welcome to Texas baby! And to your left, we have the planes and choppers used to fly soldiers into battles, along with bringing In ammunition. As you look to your right you have the headquarters where all the big shots live. And In the building next to it is where our famous Ally Brooke uses her big brain to work" Mani gives her grand tour.

     Lauren lightly smiles at Normanis's words and I can't keep my eyes off of her. I sat she looks at me and I quickly shift my eyes off of her and look out the window.

      Mani lands the chopper and soldiers start running to us as soon as we land. Who I'm guessing is their Sargent makes his way toward us.

      "Welcome to Texas, I'm guessing you're from designation one in London." He says I look to read his badge Rob was his name.