Chapter six

Lauren's POV

     Have you ever been so annoyed by a person? Yeah, that's currently me right now, no ball's Steven is pissing me off. He complains so much, not even Andy and he's younger than this man.

     So here I am again for like the fourth time telling him to stop complaining.

     "Can you just shut up? It's getting annoying" I groan.

      "When is your little friend getting here? I'm hungry, cold, and tired. I need shelter not to be in the open where those things can get me!" He yells back.

     "Well if you keep yelling like that then they're gonna find us" I spit back venom thick in my voice.

     "UGHHHH!!" He shouts I see Camila look at him in complete annoyance as she cuddles into my side.

     Camila and I got fairly close in a short amount of time. When we got to the carousel we got to talking she was a great listener. She was nice, kind, funny, smart, and incredibly beautiful. We shared our favorite colors and foods along with family history.

     We had been holding hands, laying on each other, and cuddling.

     "Can you please be quiet? I don't want a zombie to come fine us" Camila says sighing.

     "Yeah, I don't wanna be chased" Dinah chips in.

     "I don't see them anywhere! TRY CALLING YOUR FRIEND!" He shouts. My heart stops. A gurgling noise, not one, not two, and not even three. Here we go. No balls Steve gets on the carousel trying to climb on the go top.    

     I see Camila, Andy and Amanda get up with Dinah who was trying to get Amanda to the top, Camila helping Andy.

     I point my sniper in the direction of the noise. There were probably around 10 at most.

     But then another 10 appear. Just great 20 zombies with one sniper. Let's do this.

     As I see the zombies run in my direction I start to shoot. By now everyone was on top of the carousel, and now it's just me and the zombies.

      Have you ever heard that the expression 'fear is strong enough to make your blood run cold? Because this is exactly what I'm feeling right now. Cold. I've never felt cold.  And if I did it's because I'm scared. And right now I'm scared.

     How did 20 zombies become so hard to kill? For fuck sake I shot enemies with bigger guns than mine. Why am I so scared? Oh yeah, there are zombies tackling me to the ground, and the girl I have the biggest crush on is on top of a carousel who by the way I'm trying to protect. 

     "LAUREN!" Camila screams as she finally sees where I'm at. How embarrassing I'm being tackled by dead people. Fun.

     I try finding my gun I must have dropped it while I was being tackled. Shit. Then a gun goes off.

     Once enough zombies were off of me I finally spot my gun, grabbing it I help whoever is shooting the zombies.

     Once they were all dead I take a deep breath, looking up I see Camila. She saved me.

    I tackle her in a hug, it was quite a beautiful moment, the sun was rising. Different shades of orange, blue, pink, and red fill the sky.

     "Are you ok? Hurt? Bitten? Scratched? Is your head ok?-" before she continued I cut her off.

     "It's ok Camz I'm fine" I pull her in for another hug.

     "Thank you, thank you so much" I hug her tightly as she does the same.