Izzie Stevens- Stitches (c)

"May I?" Izzie gestured to the sizeable gash that stretch across your upper arm.

"Just get it over with," you winced, turning away from her.

You had caught your arm on the sharp corner of a cabinet and although you assumed that at first it was just a small scratch, you must have done it far more viciously than you thought as blood begun to fall into a pool on the floor. You tried to see what was wrong with it but the blood coming from it was getting in the way and you realised you would need help. Using a tea towel, you put pressure onto the wound before phoning your best friend Izzie to see what the hell you were meant to do due to the fact that she was a surgical intern.

Izzie told you to come into the hospital and made sure to get a bed ready for you so that she could check it over seen as you were her friend. Now you were sat on the hospital bed in a blood-soaked t-shirt, your best friend having cleaned the wound, but now was preparing herself to suture it.

"This is going to hurt," she said hesitantly.

"I know," you said through gritted teeth. "Just be quick Izzie."

"I need to take my time so that there isn't a messy scar," she retorted.

"Well, be as quick as you can."

Luckily Izzie was relatively quick and as long as you didn't look at the work that she was doing you only felt gentle pressure or a pinch here and there, so it was nowhere near as bad as you first anticipated it to be.

"All done for you," she smiled proudly, admiring her work on your arm.

You finally looked down at it, seeing the stitches pulling your skin back together. It wasn't the prettiest of sights as there was blood around it, but it certainly looked far better than when you first got to the hospital.

"I just need to give it a quick wipe over and put a dressing on, then you'll be free to go on your way, you'll just have to change the dressing regularly and come back in a week to get the stitches taken out," she said.

"You've come a long way from showing your arse to photographers," you laughed, thinking back to your shared time as lingerie models to pay for your college educations.

Izzie shot you a playful glare before continuing her work on you.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.