Callie Torres- Ghost (c)

"You've been living in the basement?" You questioned, looking around the room to see all of her belongings in what was a makeshift home.

It certainly wasn't homely, but it was what she called home.

"It's cheaper and it means I am always here if I am needed, it just worked out really," she shrugged, taking a seat on the mattress on the floor.

"How long have you been living here?"

"A while. My apartment was sold by the landlord, so I had to find somewhere else to live. I couldn't find anywhere so I was just going to live here on a temporary basis, but it then became a more permanent thing. Work got on top of the house searching, so as long as Webber doesn't find out, there really isn't an issue."

You plopped down next to her on the mattress. You couldn't imagine living like this, although the basement room she had taken as her home was far larger than your apartment, or any apartment you had ever been able to live in.

"So, you've been here over a year?" You questioned.

She nodded her head.

Letting out a sigh, you realized that everything made sense in the end. Thinking back to a year ago, it made sense that things had been a little weird seen as your now girlfriend had been living in the hospital without anyone knowing at all.

"I used to come to the basement to nap when I was on a late shift but then I started hearing weird noises and thought it was a ghost, so I never came back down here to nap," you shrugged. "I'm assuming those weird noises were you, as all of them came from in here."

Callie let out a laugh. "I'm sorry for scaring you."

"It's okay," you smiled softly. "At least now I know there is a mattress down here for me to take a nap on."

She rolled her eyes at you, wrapping an arm around you, to pull you close to her. It was one of the places you loved most, being able to curl up in Callie's arms but it was certainly even nicer now that you knew why your girlfriend didn't want to tell you about her home. You were glad that there was somewhere in the hospital for the two of you to hide and get time alone as the on call room was far from private.

"I love you Callie," you said sweetly.

"I love you too."

~*~

written by Charlotte.