Mark Sloan- Pregnant (c)

You weren't one who went out for a drink and you certainly weren't one to go out for a drink with a male colleague. Maybe you were just more of a stereotype than you ever thought you were. Up until the night it happened, you were pretty sure you would never have a one night stand, never get drunk with a colleague and seek comfort in their attention and certainly wouldn't be crying over a toilet as you looked down at a pregnancy test. It became pretty clear that you didn't know anything about yourself, but you would have to quickly figure out who you were as there wasn't long until your life would be completely turned upside down.

Having children was never a must for you, a possible part of your life but you assumed you'd be in a committed relationship when they came into your life, but seen as you were single and pregnant, you had to re-imagine that. Being a mother and a surgeon would be incredibly hard but if you were going to raise this child, the father needed an opportunity to have his role. You would be a little pissed if he didn't want to be involved, even just supporting them, but nevertheless you needed to let him know that he was going to be a dad, regardless of what role he wanted to have in their life.

"Dr Sloan," you said, your voice croaking, having not slept much as you were nervous about such a major life decision as well as speaking to him, something you had avoided for the last few weeks.

"Oh, Dr Y/S/N," he smirked. "You've been avoiding me."

"I wouldn't say avoided," you lied. "Just refused to talk to."

Mark rolled his eyes at you, putting his paperwork own to turn his attention to you.

"So, what has made you finally break your 'refusal to talk to me'?" He asked.

"Um... I think it is best said in private."

You let out a sigh as you led him to the on-call room, locking the door behind you, hoping no one would try to get in anyway.

Mark cocked an eyebrow at you, having no idea what you were going to tell him. He was known for his questionable reputation, but you didn't think he would take too well to your news for him.

"Y/N?" He snapped, trying to break you out of your thoughts, having been lost to them and having fallen silent.

"Mark... uhm... I'm pregnant and it's your baby."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.