❀ | chapter five

005.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❃ ◦ ━━━━━━ 

     Swiftly out of the passenger's seat of the rover after a scenic drive, Magnolia inhaled the fresh air as the sun beat down on her already-burnt cheeks. 

     "I knew I should've taken my horse," Octavia sourly let out, slinging a bag over her shoulder. 

     It had been a week since Maggie's full-blown freak out over Abby's decisions regarding the mountain, and although she hadn't changed her mind regarding the situation, her feelings had simmered down a reasonable amount. According to those around her, only Farm Station survivors had been placed into the establishment. Maggie hadn't paid them a visit yet, due to the combination of teaching classes, guarding Arkadia, and scolding Bellamy at every waking moment because of his stubbornness while healing from his wound.

      Turning the corner, she eyed Bellamy as he was caught in a gaze, more than likely dreaming about the Summit Delegation being held in Polis. Despite being a wonderful celebration, Magnolia did not see much use in attending. Kane was a trusted representative in the Gray girl's eyes— she had come to believe in him more than most people in a rather short period of time. 

     On the other hand, Bellamy felt an obligation to be there and was oddly surprised when his headstrong girlfriend did not maintain the same stance. "I should be there," his hand wafted in the general direction of Polis.

     "Take your own advice for once, would ya?" Maggie countered with a mocking grin slyly poking through the corner of her mouth, "You don't need to worry about everything in the book— besides, what sounds better than going back into Mount Weather with yours truly?" she carried a mischievous glimmer in her eyes as she talked. Both of them had made their trips there separately, but had not faced it together until that day, "Your leg isn't even healed yet, Bell Pepper."

     Flicking the brim of Maggie's beige hat, he silently expressed his distaste for the nickname given, "My leg is fine," he attempted to convince her, but she was not having it. 

     "Then why's your girlfriend carrying all your shit?" Gina chimed in on the teasing-Bellamy-train, making Gray raise her hands up in success. 

     "Hey, you guys," Raven interjected with an evident flicker of amusement, "Did I ever tell you about how I saved Sinclair's ass on the ark?"

     That was debatably the last thing Octavia wanted to hear by the dramatic roll of her eyes as she huffed, "Please don't."

     "Yes you did. Probably a hundred times," Magnolia thought back, recounting on the first time she had heard the detailed story with the Raven Reyes passion during her visitation period in the Sky Box. Perhaps it was entertaining to her at the time (being in solitary was boring as hell, after all), but after Maggie herself could recite the complete build-up of events, it wasn't as thrilling. Gina showed interested though, which was more than enough to get the zero-g mechanic reciting the story all over again.

     Walking alongside the Blakes, she twisted open the knob of the rickety door, feeling the warm welcome of the gray brick walls and dimly lit corridors. 

     Irony, of course.

     Naturally, Magnolia lead the pack, remembering the facility the best having spent the most time in those halls. As she knowingly got closer and closer to the mess hall, the sounds of music playing and people conversing became more apparent. Noticing the emanating light coming from their right hand side and the 'Level 5' sign attached to the wall, her breath hitched at seeing everyone eating in the mess hall like it was some sort of party, or gathering.