❀ |chapter thirteen

013.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❃ ◦ ━━━━━━ 

     "Magnolia Gray— do you have anything to say for yourself?" 

     The brunette sat, hands bound together and the new addition: metal shackles at her feet. Her eyes remained glued on the chancellor, staying like that for as long as she could. His eyebrows raised at her initial silence, awaiting something— anything to come out of the young girl's mouth. 

     Not breaking the eye contact, she still managed to scoff loudly. "I'm getting a serious case of déjà vu, lemme tell ya," Maggie cracked a notorious smile, snapping her head to crack her tense neck. It was the sort of grin she'd let out after wasting the guards' time on the Ark years ago. Perhaps some old habits tended to die harder than she thought. 

     But, safe to say, she was the only one in the room finding any amusement in it. 

     Although she was fucking around with them at that point, she wasn't lying whatsoever. After all, she had been a criminal for as long as she could remember, and she had an inkling that many people had let that slip their minds. The situation was comparable to one years prior, and if it wasn't the same exact room, then it was at least one that looked very similar. 

     In true Maggie Gray fashion, she wasn't scared, nor threatened by the man. Sure, the clear leverage everyone had on her at the moment was a tad intimidating, being as she was locked up, but she wasn't exactly shitting her pants over it. All things considered, if Pike had allowed Bellamy in the room as she was interrogated, it would feel much different, but in a way, she was glad. 

     Quite frankly, she was livid at him. Maggie knew she should've held her ground more, and agreeing to put their political beliefs aside for the sole sake of their relationship wasn't a good call on either of their parts. 

     It didn't even make sense— they both went off and betrayed the other, anyway. Bellamy went out and tried to take over another Grounder village, and Maggie took place in the faction that was out to bring Bellamy's beloved chancellor down in flames. 

     Nothing about their relationship at the moment was a relationship, and the Gray girl could at least recognize that. Still, there was a slight chance of him coming to his senses, but even assuming that would be giving the Blake the benefit of the doubt. 

     It didn't help that he shoved her, either. If she happened to see him at any given point, they'd surely be having a word about that. Actually, they'd have a word about a lot of things, and when that time happened to come, Magnolia made a vow to herself to not forgive him nearly as easy. 

     "This isn't a joking matter," Pike shook his head in disapproval, snapping the girl to reality once again, "You put everyone's lives in this camp at risk today, do you even realize that?!"

     "By cocking a gun at you? Punching a few of your guys, some of which I  trained?" she replied incredulously, "But killing hundreds and initiating a war is just shits and giggles to you, naturally."

     Nostrils flaring, he shot back in a firm tone, "At one point, I thought you were smart. However, I guess I forgot the whole reason you're here today is because you've always been a criminal. Now maybe that's because of that shitty childhood, or—"

     "This isn't about the Ark, or my childhood, anymore. Even if I grew up with the wealthiest family on the Ark, I'd still not hesitate to use my last bullet on your fascist ass," she determined.