𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖜𝖔

𝖜𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖈𝖔𝖚𝖓𝖙: 𝖘𝖎𝖝 𝖍𝖚𝖓𝖉𝖗𝖊𝖉 𝖘𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝖓𝖎𝖓𝖊

billy snatched the phone out of the other's hand as soon as the number was dialed which then earned a small whine to escape stu's lips in protest. luckily for billy, the caller on the other end had not picked up the phone quite yet. the familiar mechanical ringing continued until the call was never...answered? half in surprise and half in shock billy looked back down at the small rectangular device and questioned if he even dialed the right number (of course he did.) a small bit of betrayal hit both of the boys questionable to why you didn't pick up until you the unknown caller ID probably deterred you away from answering- especially at 12:37 AM.

" i say we drive back to her house, park outside a few houses down, turn the headlights off and call again." stu proposed an idea to which billy agreed to and with that, they spend far too long trying to find the way back to your house as billy's mindless and carless pulling into random streets did them no good right now. it must've taken them half an hour to even find the main road back into the general area of your neighbourhood.

through a small argument they both found the perfect place to park the car for the night and call you once again hoping your might pick up. clearly, getting two calls from an unknown caller is absolutely terrifying and you knew better than to pickup- especially at this ungodly hour? 12:42 read the clock and stu dialed the number and held the button down to the voice changer anticipating the small click and a faint and frail greeting that matched that of your voice. another sigh escaped billys parted lips once again, head down on the whell with a less harsh grip on the steering wheel. he hoped that stu would begin speaking and have a one-sided conversation as he could only listen and mentally visualize what you must've been doing at that very moment.

sleeping.

at least you should be.

any normal person would be asleep at this time. but look at us right now- far from normal.

he snickered to himself and his thoughts as stu got increasingly more and more frustrated with how long it was taking you to pick up that damn phone. small curses escaped stu's lips and he began begging for you to answer him. it wouldn't surprise billy in the slightest if stu began to sob at this sudden neglect from your end.

"hello?" a tired, drowsy and groggy girl replied. billy could hear your voice form over the other end of the phone, the silence inside the car was deafening and would've been uncomfortable if given a different situation.

"hello (y/n)" that voice changer did wonders with how smooth stu's voice sounded. his voice sounded like the melted chocolate bars placed in the back of the car pockets or the crushed buttered popcorn kernels littered the underbelly the seats of billy's car. the phone got silent for a moment which scared the both of the them, giving each other worried and confused looks to each other.

"um? hello?" she replied again a small worried nervous laugh leaving her lips, she was clearly caught off guard. "is this a joke? it really late, it's almost one in the morning. i have an exam i have to finish by eight." she continued with that same nervous laughter lingering while she spoke.

"no, this isn't a joke, (y/n)." stu remained on the phone with the girl as billy put the gear of the car into drive, the car slowly rolled up your street completely unbeknownst to you. billy remained silent and the car did for a majority of it's start up process. the ford explorer stopped across the street in the same spot from earlier in an attempt to get a better look at you.

that damn porch light was off. a small smile tugged at the corner's of billy's light pink tinted lips listening to your hysterics form the other end of the phone.