18- Concerto for two violins

Life doesn't change much after that.

Except that it does.

Even when he's not around, the knowledge that Everett, the walking masterpiece is a part of my life, that he loves me, is enough to fuel me even on my worst days.

I have also taken up the potentially unhealthy hobby of stalking him, but he doesn't seem to mind.

The first time I met him outside his mechanical engineering lecture, he looked surprised. His friend, the one who hates my stare, had frowned when he spotted me, but I didn't care because Everett grinned.

Nowadays he sort of knows to expect me lurking around. I'm not always there, but I try to be most days, because seeing Everett is my favourite thing to do.

Joe, the one who hates my stare and who happens to be Everett's roommate, nods at me now. Although he still frowns, I think that's just his face.

I smile when I spot Everett, and he grins when he spots the spare coffee cup in my hand.

"Hey." He says, pressing a kiss to my lips before stealing the coffee from my grasp.

"Hey." I breathe, my eyes roaming his gorgeous face absently.

"Bye Joe!" I call, my eyes keenly watching his retreating figure. He flips me off over his shoulder. Pretty standard for Joe.

Everett's fingers intertwine with mine, completely disregarding everyone else around us.

I had initially expected Everett to be shy, especially with me, but he takes every part of being with me in his stride. If people stare or whisper, he doesn't take any notice.

"So, I wanted to take you somewhere." I say suddenly, the Everett fog clearing in my head and he raises an eyebrow.

"Where?" He asks and I smile.

"It's a bit of a way. Can we go in the jeep?" I ask and he nods tentatively. That jeep is his fucking child.

"Sure, but I grew up in this area. I doubt there's anywhere you can show me that I haven't seen." He says and I scoff.

"You grew up straight." I say and he blushes, dropping my hand.

"I'm not going to a gay strip club." He says and I laugh.

"Totally not what I had planned, but if this falls through it's nice to have a back up." I say thoughtfully.

"Where are we going then?" Everett asks, ignoring me and I grin.

"My favourite make-out spot." I say, grinning when Everett scowls.

"You'll like it, come on, trust me, Ev." I say and he sighs, nodding. I hop into the car, directing Everett to my apartment first.

I jog up the stairs, grabbing my rucksack and a blanket before heading back out to the jeep. I dump my stuff in the back before grinning at him, giving him the first of many directions.

Everett is a good driver, tolerating my incessant rambling and irritating radio fiddling incredibly well.

"God, it's like having another brother sometimes." He mutters, watching me change the radio station for the fifth time.

"None of your brothers are as hot as me." I murmur, still fixated on the radio and he laughs.

"You haven't met all of them." He points out and I nod. Fair point.

"I doubt any of them are hotter than you." I say and he grimaces.

"What if they are?" He asks, glancing at me and I ponder it for a moment.

I don't love Everett because he's hot, but because he elicits something in me. A reaction, a craving, a want that drives me insane, fuels me to breath and live and create.

"It wouldn't matter." I mumble and he smiles.

"Alright, we're almost there. Take the next left." I say and Everett mutters a thanks to the almighty under his breath.

"The sun's almost set." He says as he pulls over at the end of the trail and I nod.

"Precisely." I utter, hopping out and grabbing my stuff from the back as he shuts off the engine.

I grab his hand, leading him on a long forgotten path until the trees finally clear.

I lay the blanket down, giving Everett some time to take in the view.

From this point we can see over the entire valley of our small city, lights glimmering softly as the sun dips in the sky. Tonight is a particularly glorious sunset, pinks littered through soft hues of yellow and orange.

I glance back at him, watching his eyes flicker across the landscape.

I take a quick photo, falling madly in love with the reflection of the light on his features. He snaps out of it then, turning to me with a disbelieving smile.

"I didn't think you meant an actual make-out spot." He says, laughing incredulously and I nod.

I don't tell him that this is where I'd come when it got too much at home, when I felt so alone that the jump felt more comforting than another second on the spot that I stood, and that I've never actually brought anyone else here before.

The memory is hazy and half forgotten through depression fuelled amnesia, and yet at the same time horribly clear.

It feels better than I could imagine, being here with someone who makes me so happy.

He sits down on the blanket, his arms propping him up as he gazes out at the scene in front of us again. I follow suit, my eyes never leaving him.

"You're missing the sunset." He murmurs, not looking at me and I smile indulgently.

"No, I'm not. I'm just watching a better version." I say and he glances at me then.

He shifts closer, his shoulder bumping against my arm, his head leant against my shoulder. I want to complain, to move him back so that I can watch the colours fade on his face, but having him close is so much better.

I press a kiss to his head softly, my hand moving to caress his back. I massage the taut muscles there, relishing in every inch of him. I miss the sunset, my brain clouded with the feeling of Everett and when he eventually lays back, the sky is dark, and the stars over head have made an appearance.

I glance up at them, mystified by how many there are up there.

I lay next to Everett, watching the stars beside him. I can feel his eyes on my face and I smile, lifting my hand, gently nudging his chin back towards the sky but he won't budge.

"What are you doing?" I murmur, finally looking at him.

"I don't like it when you look away from me." He says, rolling towards me as his lips find mine.

"Fine by me." I mumble, pressing my lips back to his as he smiles.

I move my body against his, worshiping him beneath the speckled sky as his moans melt into the wind that whistles through the trees. His skin is warm and welcoming beneath mine, pulling me in as I kiss every inch available to me.

His hands roam through my hair, over my body, across my cheeks.

Our mouths reconnect soon enough, his hands wandering over me as he plays me like a well known tune, the music of our moans creating a beautiful symphony in the dark night.