36- Warm

I wake up warm, which never happens.

This flat is draughty even in the summer, and no amount of blankets can keep out the chill, but this morning I'm warm. I can feel soft breaths fanning my face, and warm limbs encircling me. I nudge closer, exhaling in delight when I feel fingertips running down my arm.

I open my eyes, smiling when I see odd iris' staring back at me.

My fingers reach out, running down his chest, over his shoulders, along his cheeks as I confirm his presence beside me. Definitely not a dream. His eyes flutter closed as I run my hand through his hair before cupping his cheek.

I press my lips against his gently, smiling as he tightens his grip on me, kissing me back.

"Morning." He murmurs.

"Good morning." I say, pressing my lips against his again.

He laughs as I nudge him onto his back, my body pressing against him as I ravish every inch of his mouth.

When I pull away he nuzzles his face into my neck, his arms wrapping round me as I hold him close.

I settle onto my side, pulling him with me as I listen to the sound of his soft breaths and the beat of his steady heart, cherishing every sensation of him being by my side. I want to ask a thousand questions, say a million different things but I don't know where to start.

"I graduated." He says quietly and I smile, pressing a kiss to his head.

"I heard. Congratulations, not many people get firsts." I say and he peers up at me quizzically.

"I keep up to date." I say with a shrug, smiling as he grins.

His hands trail down my chest, drawing intricate, invisible patterns on my skin. I allow my eyes to flutter closed as I relish in the intimacy of his touch. His lips press against mine lightly and I smile, kissing him back.

When he pulls away I can't suppress the smile on my lips, my eyes drinking him in like a man starved of beauty all his life.

"So, what's the plan now?" I ask hesitantly and he sighs, tucking his head back against my neck.

"I don't know. Move to London and find a job I suppose." He says.

"Move to London?" I query and he nods, propping himself up to look at me.

"I meant what I said last night. I don't want to be without you." He says, his cheeks a little pink but his eyes determined.

I exhale heavily, dragging my fingers down his magnificently sculpted jaw.

"I'm going to have to find a bigger flat, then." I say, smiling as his eyes widen at my meaning.

"No, you don't have to do that, I mean, well I would love to but...I mean you don't..." He stutters.

I brush a finger against his lips, drawing him down so I can kiss him again.

"I've been meaning to move for months, this flat is one step up from being homeless. Plus, I don't want to be without you either. I want to make up for every second we lost, so I might as well find a place big enough for us both." I say simply.

He raises a brow at this.

"And do you always get what you want?" He asks, unimpressed.

"No, but I'm sure I can convince you if you're not sold on the idea." I tease.

"Oh yeah?" He asks and I nod, reaching between us and gently stroking him.

"Yeah." I breathe, watching him lower his head as he groans.

"Still not convinced." He whispers and I grin.

"This ought to do it." I say, moving down his body and taking him eagerly in my mouth.

He inhales sharply, his hands clutching my sheets as he throws his head back. Just minutes later I'm crawling back up his body feeling like the cat that got the cream.

"So, what do you think?" I ask, pressing a sweet kiss to his lips.

"Yeah, alright."