Having a disagreement

(Jacob)

I couldn't believe he had just spoken to me like that. How did he expect me to react? Seeing as I came home to find him and Micah in bed together. I set the chocolates down and sighed as I tried to get used to the fact that Micah was his best friend, so this was bound to happen.

“Come on, then let's go get something to eat.” I said, as I didn't know what to do with him anymore. I didn't wait for him to reply as I turned around and marched out of the room, trying my hardest to contain the anger that I felt.

Once at the table, everyone was there including my parents and I saw Arlo taking his time walking so no one could see him limping, I would have helped him, but I didn't because of the mood I was in. His mother saw him and shot out of her seat, so she could inspect him, a number of nosy idiots.

“Sweetie, are you ok?” She asked, and Arlo nodded his head.

“I'm fine, mom, honestly.” He replied, and I sighed and shook my head.

“Come on, Amanda, we all know that he's walking like that because he's newly mated.” His father said, which earned a growl from his mother, who shot me a glare.

“You mean to tell me that you've mated with my son and goddess knows how big your thing is that caused him to be in pain, and you're over there sitting down like it's nothing?” She fumed at me, but I didn't reply because I didn't want to say anything disrespectful to her.

“It will be alright, Amanda. I'm sure Arlo will feel better in no time, isn't that right, sweetheart?" Mom asked Arlo, who nodded his head repeatedly. Micah, however, grabbed his hand and decided to be the one to lift him bridal style, then marched to the table with him. Now, I am tempted to murder this little bastard if he doesn't cease touching my mate.

“What's your problem?” Arlo's Dad asked while he was glaring at me, but I glared right back at him and saw how he started shrinking in his seat. Yeah, do not mess with me.

“Ok, I think that's enough attitude, for now, let's just eat.” Dad replied as he shook his head, but I could see the disappointment on his face. Why was everyone ganging up on me? I mated with Arlo. Yes, I made him soak in the bathtub, so it could help his pain, I carried him back to the pack house, not to mention went and got him some chocolates? When am I going to be appreciated for all my hard work, uh? I got snapped at by Arlo, who had Micah in bed next to him, a bed that we shared!

He just doesn't get it. Midnight was growling at me and telling me to calm down, but I didn't care, I was the one being disrespected yet still everyone chose to pick on me, to make me feel like a douche, which I'm not. It's a good thing his brothers weren't here, or I would be dealing with them, and I don't think I would be able to control myself.

“So Arlo, tell me, how's school?” Mom asked, as if trying to change the topic because of how tense the place felt.

“I-It's been good so far Mrs. Valentine I have no problem with it. Everyone has been treating me well there, so I can't complain. I just wish I could go back soon, though, because I'm missing a lot, and I'm not sure why can't I.” Mom nodded her head in understanding.

“Well, you see, Hun Jacob wanted you here so we can find a way to come up with a plan as to how to make your mating with him works. Your brothers are planning to keep you here when, in reality, it's only customary for a mate to live with their partner. Seeing as how your family is overprotective of you, we need to figure out a way to get you to leave.” Arlo glared at me and shook his head.

“I'm not going anywhere with him. If he doesn't like my friend, then that's going to cause a big problem.” He replied, and I groaned, suddenly feeling full.

“If you'll excuse me, I need to go for a run. I'll be back soon.” Mom and dad looked at me with pity, but I couldn't care less. Arlo was taking things out of proportion, and I didn't like it one bit. I marched outside with Landon, running after me telling me to slow down.

“So you don't like Micah?” He asked, which irritated the hell out of me.

“If I didn't like him, I wouldn't have hurried his healing process when you had him restrained to your bed!” I shouted, and he backed up a little, then he started shooting daggers at me.

“You touched my mate without permission?” He asked, and I scoffed.

“Same way you marked him without his permission.” I shot back, and he sighed.

“Gosh, what are we even doing? I can't believe we are arguing like children instead of talking.” He chuckled and ran his hand through his hair, and I nodded my head in agreement.

“I was going for a run. Do you want to join me?” I asked, and he nodded his head. After shifting into our wolf form, we took off into the forest.

'What happened why you are like this anyway?' He asked through mind link, and I growled.

'Your mate needs to know about boundaries, man. I get that he and Arlo are best friends and all, but my room should be off-limits because you know how territorial we can get.' He agreed with me because that's how we are. Being an alpha makes it even worse, so I think that Arlo would somehow understand by now.

'I think we should just leave them, since we know for sure that they won't be doing anything with each other.' I guess I could do that, but would it be that easy? I'm not sure, but if I wanted my mate happy, I guess I had to learn how to deal with it even if I don't like it.