Brownies

(Arlo)

I was waiting outside with Micah for the arrival of my brothers and their mates, who were on their way here at this very moment. I was tapping my foot while my arms were folded, sporting a frown on my face. I can't believe I had sent them a mind link yesterday, and they blocked me, I knew why, yes, but I was still mad at them.

“Gosh, even I don't want to mess with you.” Micah said while trying to hold back his laugh.

“Yeah, you better not mess with me, I'm a badass.” I replied, and this time he did laugh.

“Please don't make that face. You look like a dying hamster.” I rolled my eyes at Micah, who was still laughing.

“I will kill your hamster if you don't shut up.” I said while chuckling. Shortly after, a car pulled up and parked while my brothers and their mates got out. They took turns hugging me, and believe me, that was a lot of hugs.

“Um, Chris, I'm going up to get some rest, so come up once you're done here.” Sophia said while looking at me from head to toes, see why I said I don't like her? Landon eventually came and grabbed Micah, who went with him willingly, I guess he was starting to warm up to him, which is a good thing. I turned to my brothers and growled at them.

“I'm mad at you guys.” They all looked at me with confused expressions on their faces.

“Why are you mad at us?” Logan asked, and I scowled at him.

“I tried to mind link you guys, but you blocked me. What the hell is wrong with you? What if something had happened to us?” Logan sighed and looked down, while Damon cleared his throat.

“We knew that nothing would happen to you because we were in communication with mom and dad, and they reassured us that you were alright. Now stop acting like a brat.” I narrowed my eyes at Damon and pointed an accusing finger at him.

“I'm acting like a brat? Mwah? Oh, please. You kept in contact with mom and dad, but you didn't think to contact me at all now. Where's the hypocrisy in that?” I heard a series of sighs coming from them, and I shook my head.

“You know damn well why we didn't contact you. It's the full moon, so we knew that you were busy with your mates. We were all busy with our mates.” Matt said while munching on some potato chips. Yeah, they were right about that, I couldn't tell when I last saw mom and dad, ewww.

“Now that that's over, I'm going up to Sophia. Goddess knows she'll have my head if I take too long.” Chris said as he hugged me and ruffled my hair.

“We are going to give you and Jacob space because we know that this is unavoidable. But we will still be that overprotective brother, you know and love.” Elijah said, and they all agreed with him. Alas, if they had changed, if they knew the things Jacob did to me, they would lock me up and never let me out. Speaking of Jacob, I had to try my best to get away from him because if it were up to him, I would still be in our room.

“Um guys I'm going to go for a run, Snow has been itching to come out. Yeah, yeah, don't look at me like that, I know the basics, so I won't get into any trouble or go too far from here.” They sighed and nodded their heads. What? Did they just agree to let me go for a run by myself? Is it my birthday? Oh no, my birthday is two months from now, so it couldn't be. Right as I was about to walk away, I heard Jacob's voice halting me from what I was about to do.

“Don't worry, guys. I'll go with him to make sure he's ok.” I guess I wasn't going alone after all. I got behind a tree and took my clothes off because I was tired of destroying my stuff. Snow owed me plenty of clothes. Jacob shifted as well, and we started running together. In no time, we came upon the spring here, and I was so surprised, one because I couldn't believe we got here so quick and two because of the speed I was running in.

'What the hell? Why are you wearing the moon crescent mark on your forehead?' Jacob asked through mind link, and I, or snow, looked at him confused.

'I don't know what's going on, but we should head back, so I can talk to Dr. Carlyle about what's going on and see if he can figure it out.' I agreed with him because this was strange to me. Once we arrived, we shifted, and I got dressed and then made our way to Dr. Carlyle's office. Once there, he ushered us inside and asked us what the problem was.

“Well, you see, while Arlo and I were on a run, I realized that his speed matched mine, and I noticed that he had the same moon crescent mark on his forehead that I have. That mark is only for alpha kings, so I'm not sure what's going on.” Jacob explained and Dr. Carlyle nodded his head and took up a book while going through the pages.

“Ahhh, here it is. It seems as if because you and Arlo had mated, he somehow got your powers. Don't worry, he's still an omega, and you're still the alpha king because of your genes. I don't think it's anything to worry about right now.” I looked at Jacob, who had a worried expression on his face.

“Doctor, there are a few of my powers that I didn't tell anyone about because if it got into the wrong hands, it can be deadly. What am I supposed to do?” He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

“Just teach him how to control it, I'm sure nothing will happen because he is your mate, so you should be able to trust him.” We thanked him and left, but I could tell that Jacob was still worried.

“You don't have to worry so much, you know, I will never use these gifts for evil, I'm not that type of person, I promise.” He sighed and nodded his head while pulling me towards him for a hug.

“I know, love, I know.” We decided to go back to the pack house because we didn't have anything else to do right now. This was new to me, but I would have to learn to get used to it. Once we got inside, I heard a commotion and went towards the noise, and what I saw in front of me had me smiling.

“Dudes, it's good that you are finally here, I brought some of my special brownies for you to try, come on. I promise it's good.” Marcus said, and I nodded my head and made a move towards them. Everyone was here enjoying a few slices, even Malachi, whom I still wanted to befriend. I mean, I could try it, right? What's the worst that could happen?