[30] You took my heart, could I please have it back?

I am SO sorry for the long wait. Life has been pretty crap lately, and I haven't really had the motivation to write, nor the time, usually. But that's not really an excuse for almost a month without posting this story...

DEDICATED TO evilmindsbloomatnite and DistantMemories for their unending support through the last couple of weeks. I have been feeling really unmotivated and upset due to some personal issues, but they helped me through, so thanks for putting up with me, guys :) and people: read their stuff!! They are bloody awesome!! Read it! Or else!

Well, you might want to read this first, even if they are better than me...

.:Recap:.

James stared at me. Nicola stared at me. And then she unexpectedly shoved me sideways into the bank of snow that lined the mountain path. I shrieked as I fell, once again getting soaked through by the sodden snow. Nicola laughed at me, before stalking off and taking her boyfriend's hand. He gave me one long, blank, expressionless look before following her.

A hand grabbed mine and pulled me upright, but a little too forcefully - I was pulled into a solid figure. I glanced up and met his eyes; who else, but my knight in shining armour.

"Thanks, Alex," I said quietly, before walking away, knowing he couldn't be seen with me. A look of hurt flashed on his face before his expression became as neutral as his cousin's, and I felt a surge of fury go through me. I hated James Black almost more than any other human being. His girlfriend being the only exception.

Really, I thought, glaring at the slopes as we arrived, they're perfect for each other...

.:Story Start:.

The rest of the day wasn't quite so bad. I made a little bit of progress; I finally managed to get down the slope without closing my eyes. However, I still couldn't stop properly, which was a major downfall, so everyone continued to take the piss. Nicola was also still being even bitchier than normal because I had been staring at James.

I returned to my dorm at five o'clock feeling quite miserable. I thought that this might be more fun; but of course, everyone else had to go ruin anything that might go right. My crap skiing ability was probably caused by fear of what everyone else would think of me: I concentrated so much that I didn't realise what I was doing. I didn't even know that was possible...until today.

Sighing, I sat on my bed, my eyelids heavy. I was exhausted, and now I had to put up with Nicola for the next two hours. On the bright side, if I went outside, I wouldn't be bombarded by snowballs because everyone was too tired to have snowball fights. However, I didn't really want to go outside now.

A yawn escaped my lips as I spotted the notebook that was in the pocket of my suitcase. I was about to go and get it when Nicola walked in, humming something to herself. From what I could tell, it was horribly out of tune; and that was coming from me. I grimaced as I realised I would never get any writing done in here, so I grabbed my notebook and went downstairs, ignoring her jibe as I left.

The living area was half full when I entered. The seats nearest the fireplace had been taken, so I sat halfway across from it at a little table, where I sat down my notebook and began to write. I didn't really know what I was writing about; I was just writing.