[22] You took my heart, could I please have it back?

For those of you that don't know, Alton Towers is an actual theme park in northern England. I do not own the names of any attractions, riders or roller coasters. So feel free to nick 'em, basically ;)

And I've never actually been so apologies if the small descriptions I give are not accurate. I tried to look up some pictures on their website but it was very difficult.

Last point....my sincerest apologies for taking so long!! My writers block is terrible with this story!! I hope I'll be able to update quicker in the future, but we'll see how it progresses...

Hope you like the chapter!!

.:Recap:.

I looked around for some sort of indication as to where we were, as I hadn't been paying attention to sign posts and suchlike. I followed Saskia's gaze to a large, brightly coloured sign above the hedge surrounding the car park. 'Alton Towers'. I couldn't help the smile that spread across my face.

We were going to a theme park.

.:Story Start:.

The moment I stepped inside the park, my heart was beating like crazy. All those roller coasters, attractions, water rides, haunted houses, freefall towers...they looked like so much fun. More fun than I'd had in a long time. Five years, in fact.

We grabbed a map of the park and then Mrs Baker suggested a ride to go on first. However, her children disagreed - it was for softies. I had to say, I agreed strongly with them. The last -and only - time I had been at a theme park, it had turned me into an adrenalin junkie, so I wasn't afraid of heights, extreme speed or going upside down.

Saskia called for a vote, and so we ended up queuing outside 'The Blade', which was basically a giant pirate ship which swung up and down until it was almost vertical. I'm sure you know the ones I mean.

It was finally our turn, and so Rory, Dominic, Saskia and I all piled onto the ship. Mrs Baker said she was going to stand safely here and watch because she had a weak stomach. I didn't mind being stuck with these three for once - once the ride started, I doubt they'd have much time to glare at me.

We began swinging, and we went backwards first, then forwards, until we were finally high enough that people started screaming. Although my stomach was shifting, I continued to sit with my mouth in a straight line, internally smirking at Saskia's terrified expression.

Finally, we got right to the top, and everyone, including me, threw their arms in the air and made either whooping or screaming sounds. I was one of the former - I wasn't afraid of heights. I'd had more worrying things to be scared about in the last five years, and this was nothing compared to them. Anyway, it was such a thrill I couldn't possibly be scared.

The ride continued to go like that for another few minutes, before we started slowing down again. We got off, and I found myself wishing it had been that much higher so I would have got more of a thrill to it.

Rory was teasing his sister about being a wimp when she mentioned that it had been too high, and I couldn't conceal my smirk now. Saskia, who hadn't failed to notice this, shot me a death glare.

"You think you're so tough and great, don't you, and you think you're perfect. Well, I got news for you, you're a retard, so wipe that smirk off your face before I slap it off for you," she hissed at me, and I shrugged.

"Be my guest, I'm sure your mum will have something to say about it," I replied, knowing she wouldn't dare slap me with her mum so close. Saskia's face, along with both her brothers', turned to me in absolute fury. I could tell I had hit a nerve.

"Oh yeah, because she loves you so much better than us," remarked Rory sarcastically. I was a little surprised - Rory had hardly said a word to me since I arrived. I wondered what I had said to make them so angry.