[44] You took my heart, could I please have it back?

I'm so sorry DX

.:Recap:.

I felt tears run down my cheeks, and I shook my head. "I just can't forgive you," I whispered, and then the doorbell rang.

I darted up the stairs before he could stop me, running to greet my dad, not explaining the tears. But the one thing that stuck in my mind long after that moment was James' face as I ran out of the room.

Tears were streaking down his distraught, guilty as hell face.

.:Story Start:.

When I got home, I hurtled up the stairs and into my room, putting the guitar down before sprawling onto my bed, my head spinning. So he didn't have a legitimate reason for hurting me all this time. And as much as my heart ached for him, to forgive him, I couldn't. I had to fight my feelings.

Tears streaked down my face as I reflected on the last few months. I had been agonized and tortured by his selfishness. Nothing but solid, pure selfishness. No matter how much I loved him, I couldn't forgive that.

I curled up on my bed, still crying. My dad knew to leave me alone for a while, which I was grateful for - I didn't want to talk at the moment. I just wanted to scream in frustration, maybe punch James. But as neither of these were available at the moment, I made do with curling up on my bed, clutching the sheets.

After maybe ten minutes of laying there pouring my eyes out, I finally tried to stop crying. I got up feeling a little light headed, and went downstairs to get a drink. I felt a pair of arms around me and leaned into my father, sniffling.

"I hate James," I muttered angrily, and he chuckled.

"No you don't," he soothed, sitting me on a bar stool before going to get me a glass of orange juice. "You're just having an argument,"

I rolled my eyes. Argument or not, I hated him almost as much as I loved him at the moment. I also couldn't help but feel bad for the poor girl, having no one but James and possibly her family, teased and tormented for something out of her control. People made me so angry.

Growling lowly to myself, I glared at the glass of juice before reluctantly picking it up and drinking it. When I finished, I continued to glare at the empty glass, as though it would bring Jennifer back. But I knew it wouldn't. I banged my fist against the table and stormed back upstairs, wishing Alex was here. I needed him right now.

I picked up my phone and anxiously texted him. I waited ten, fifteen minutes but he didn't reply. I sighed and got into my pyjamas before getting into bed, staring at the phone on my bedside table hoping it would buzz with the new message flashing on the screen. But as a couple of hours went passed, I figured he was probably in bed and sighed, rolling over before trying to get to sleep.

~*~*~

The next morning, I rolled reluctantly out of bed, dreading school. I would have to see James again. What would he say to me? God, this was so complicated. Sighing, I had a quick shower before getting dressed and going downstairs. I greeted my father and made myself a plate of toast, although I wasn't that hungry.

I stared at the jam on the toast, my appetite lost. I didn’t want to face James today. I just wanted to stay in bed, preferably in Alex's arms. Speaking of Alex....abandoning my untouched toast, I dashed upstairs to check my phone but he hadn't replied. I scowled. It was 8am, how could he not be up? He always answered my texts in the morning...

Sighing, I slumped on my bed and put my head in my hands.

"Lizzie, please eat," dad pleaded with me from the doorway. I shook my head and he sighed. "Well promise me you'll eat at lunch, ok?"