[24] You took my heart, could I please have it back?

*Phew* sorry for the wait, guys...I hope this makes up for it...

.:Recap:.

I wished I hadn't asked, for at lunchtime, it became very obvious. As I sat down to eat my sandwich, laughing at something Cole had just said, a girl in my year called out,

"Hey, Johnson. You're so ugly your own father can't bear to look at you. And you wonder why he turned to alcohol,"

I froze, the sandwich halfway to my mouth, and met her eyes, a cold glare on my face. She smirked, turned around and sat down again to face her friends. My gaze shifted through the lunch hall as other people made taunts about me, and I clenched my fists, looking for the bastard that must have started all of this.

Finally, I spotted him talking to one of his friends, completely oblivious to my icy gaze. Gritting my teeth, and ignoring my friends' curious gazes, I stood up and strode over to the far end of the hall, fury simmering throughout my body.

I was going to give Dominic Baker hell for this.

.:Story Start:.

By the time I reached the other side of the hall, I had gained half the population's attention - ironically, the one person who it would have been better to see me coming was oblivious to my approach. Dominic still had his back to me, talking to his friend.

More insults about my father were thrown my way as I stalked down the hall, brimming with anger, my eyes only on Dominic. His friend noticed me before he did, and patted his shoulder before pointing in my direction. Dominic turned around - too late. My palm had already collided with his face, very hard.

His eyes widened in shock as his head turned almost comically to the side. He turned back to look at me, opened his mouth, and closed it again. My hand stung slightly as I dropped it to my side again, but I ignored it, clenching my fist, glaring defiantly up at him.

He swallowed once, and to anyone watching it might have looked like he was afraid of me, but I knew that he wasn't - he was just cursing his decision to ever spread rumours like that about me. They were probably wondering why I just slapped him out of the blue anyway.

The pause which followed stretched on, until I finally spoke, unable to take the suspense any more. I wanted to let him know how low his blow was, when I had done nothing to him anyway.

"You bastard," I hissed, low enough for him and no one else to hear. He cringed slightly, but I kept going. The small Nicola side of me was coming back, but this time I had no regrets. What I had just said was true, he was a bastard through and through. "Do you know what the hell you've done?"

Another pause ensued, and his face remained a grimace. I knew he was regretting it entirely, but right now, I didn't give a damn. Something at the back of my mind told me I would do later, but I didn't right now.

"I have a feeling I shouldn't have done it..." he trailed, and I folded my arms tightly.

"Damn right, you shouldn't!" I exclaimed, my voice getting louder as I became angrier. "If you knew how much shit I've gone through in my life, you'd realise that one selfish little act was one bloody bad move," I said, really venting now. Dominic wasn't scared, I knew, just apprehensive, and probably guilty, too. I, however, was on a roll. "And no bloody apologies are going to get you out of this," I added, glaring fully at him. I only came up to his shoulder, but I felt very dominant in the current situation.